Skip to content

News 160,000 mile 250 Other

You are in... Forums > News > Other > 160,000 mile 250

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Mark Powell  says:

160,000 mile 250

It's all very well doing high mileage on big bikes but what about my brothers 250? He bought it in 1989 with 24,000 miles on the clock and it's now done 160,000! Not bad for a bike that cost him £150! In that time all it's had is a standard set of rings , an alternator and three cam chains. He still has...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (14 January 2008 09:23)

Post a message in Other

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Fine machine..

..The 250RS, I bet he changes the oil regularly..

Reply to this Topic
b3bmcwi

May 07

b3bmcwi says:

Nice one

First bike I owned was a 250, seems to me new riders miss out on owning one cos of the dearth of them. Ok, I wouldn't wish my ratty Kwak Scorpion on many people, but on say a CB250 you'll be thru the slow traffic quicker than on my wide-barred TDM. Loads of fun. 75 odd mpg beats the hell out of anything I get too - I hope the new Ninja 250 is the start of a revival.

Reply to this Topic
Kozak

Oct 07

Kozak says:

I've still got one...

CB250RS was my first big bike. Was a good bike,had x3 of them,black one in summer 1989 after passing test on my cb100n, then after few months was stolen- only the engine was recovered later. Red one which still have now, rode everywhere including week-end trip to Amsterdam, but forgot to top up the oil and engine died on me coming back home, put in the engine from the black one and was fine. Been stood since 1990, and keep meaning to restore it one of these winters......

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices