Skip to content

Discuss This Official picture: 2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Official picture: 2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

Official picture: 2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000

Suzuki has just released the first official picture of the all-new 2009 GSX-R1000. The key change is an all new engine that is 59mm shorter than the outgoing K7/K8 model, allowing a longer swingarm, though the wheelbase is 10mm shorter at 1405mm.  The changes have been made to ‘increase agility and race track performance’ according to Suzuki. Compression is higher according...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (25 September 2008 13:44)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hondagixer

Aug 02

hondagixer says:

yes the test rider is small.

About 5ft 3 i believe. and he is keeping his k7.so what does that tell you.

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

Ok...

So. We've hit the stage now that every bike manufacturer seems to be shaving of 1kg here and adding a BHP there and then mentioning how SMALL things are getting and how track focused it all is... I have an issue here... Why don't any of them have the balls to start fitting standard super-chargers or turbos???????? Car manufacturers milked every last ounce of BHP out the naturally aspirated engines upto the late ninties and then one released a turbo and now everyone has one... WHY NOT BIKES? Doesn't need to be a full blown massive jobbie just something to up the power by 10 or maybe 20 bhp...

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

PS...

I definitely would NOT buy one of them the GSXR1000s... It does look like the previous models... There is evolution and then there is revolution... Suzuki need to open there eyes and try and lead instead of following... Honda managed to release the CBR1000RR which is one sexy piece of kit. Yamaha have just release the new R1 with a never seen before engine yet Suzuki talk about making everything a little smaller... Did I miss something? Same bike just SMALLER.... Mmm....

Reply to this Topic
rstuner

May 06

rstuner says:

oh deer think i will keep the k6 then

Reply to this Topic
Filth

Feb 06

Filth says:

GSXR1000 K9 - What a dog

As i said...........Complete waste of time . Sack the guys that signed this off and wasted Suzuki's money !

Had a K3 - got a K6 .

No kimusabi - think I will order an 09 Yamaha R1 and wait for the Suzuki guys to get thier shit together in 2010 cos this bike can stay in its crate at the docks for all I care...........

Dull isn't the word I'm looking for - no - its just really irritating me now.............how much did they spend developing this ? !

About as much imagination as a caravan site !

Is someone taking the piss or what ? ? ! !

Reply to this Topic
sammythebush

Nov 05

sammythebush says:

was going to wait for the new Gixer but decided to buy the new Ten this year. Glad I did.

Reply to this Topic
Lucky 7

Aug 07

Lucky 7 says:

What happened!!!!!!

After seeing what yamaha had to offer for 09 i couldn`t wait to see the new susuki thinking anything could look better than that. After seeing it suddenly that yamaha doesn`t look that bad. I was expecting something special but I  can`t tell the differance between this years & next years.Where were the moto gp reps we were promised. Aprilia look like they have got it spot on .With no changes to the Kwak or Duke for next year & unless Honda role out something special for their 60th it might be Aprilia`s year in the showrooms. 

Reply to this Topic
jimmythehat

Sep 08

jimmythehat says:

2009 GSXR-1000

What the hell goes through the mind of the designers at Suzuki?Those are the ugliest damn exhausts I have ever seen,they should've did them like the CBR1000.That style would've looked pretty cool with duals.

Reply to this Topic
Duker999

Sep 08

Duker999 says:

2009 GSXR-1000

Looks like Suzuki ar'nt that bothered about the competition.

Pretty boring upgrade.

I think the Aprilia RSV4 has nowt to worry about ! It,s a stunner, and It is going to steal a lot of the Jap sales.

Just need to get the price right !!

Reply to this Topic
lancealbon

Aug 08

lancealbon says:

Take us back to 2005!!

What the hell?? Where are all the good looking Superbikes? Back in 2005 I tell you! Only the Italians are getting it right in the looks department. Listen, I don't care how well my missus can cook, clean and iron but she better look great if I'm gonna get busy with her. Do they think because we wear helmets we won't mind being seen on these crap looking bikes?

Bring us pretty bikes you fuglys...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices