Skip to content

Discuss This BMW unveils new K1300R, K1300S and K1300GT New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > BMW unveils new K1300R, K1300S and K1300GT

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN News Desk  says:

BMW unveils new K1300R, K1300S and K1300GT

BMW has unveiled the changes made to its K-series motorcycles, the K1300S, K1300R and K1300GT. Here's the lowdown on the most important changes for 2009. What’s new at a glance:• Big bore, 1293cc engine good for 175bhp• ESAII – new version of automatic suspension adjustment system• Conventional indicators – no more oddball BMW flasher switches!• Optional quickshifter – the first on a mainstream production bikeK1300SThe fully-faired...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (07 October 2008 18:57)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Phat Bob

Mar 08

Phat Bob says:

Indicator switches

- Judas!  I really liked those left and right handlebar indicator switches - like the Harley ones but better executed...

Reply to this Topic
ptolemyx

Sep 06

ptolemyx says:

Most powerful naked?

MCN report stated;

1,K1300R is the most powerful naked?

2, K1300R is most powerful naked BMW. Correct.

3, K1300R is most powerful naked after new V-Max?

'08 B-King produces 181bhp. Is this more or less than K1300R?

Who cares, any of the three could scare anyone s***less. My B-King sure is enough for me ( unless I win the lottery and visit BigCC Racing!!!)

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

Why.....

Do I like them????

BMW have gone a little bit more conventional, but at the same time, thrown a BMW twist on constitutional Japanese design and concets for "genre bikes". The K1300S looks great, as does the R. Shame ive never been a fan of Grand Touring bikes mind!

@ptolemyx, i do beleive they said "The naked K1300R remains the most powerful naked bike available from BMW " :-P

Reply to this Topic
deemax

Aug 07

deemax says:

k1300s

i currently own a k1200s and in my opinion is the most comfortable bike i have owned (there have been many over the years am looking forward to seeing the k1300s ,does anybody know when they are on sale

why have bmw changed the indicators to jap style , ?  dont see the point

Reply to this Topic
Arguss01

Apr 09

Arguss01 says:

Conventional indicators – no more oddball BMW flasher switches!

What is with people who are not capable of accepting anything that is outside of their little box of beliefs.

The traditional BMW switches require a more natural movement than activating the the Japanese style switches. But the same 'ol same 'ol. 

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), "Hamlet", Act 1 scene 5

This was true in Shakespeare's time and it is still true. So shake it off, suck it up, build a bridge and try to accept things that don't fit into your philosophy of heaven and earth.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices