Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

GTR Racer

Jul 08

GTR Racer says:

RS 125 Front Forks

Hi all
Recently got a mint 2001 RS125, having alot fun on it and going for my test soon, however, its all fun until i come on to a bumpy stretch of road and the front end is horrible, tank slappers are often common if im riding at a fair speed. To me the front forks seem too stiff, especially compared to my mates 2006 RS125. Seen as though can't adjust the front forks on the RS125 what is they i could possibly do? My dad's metioned about changing the fork oil to something a little lighter, but i aren't sure whats in the forks right now, and nor is the guy who i bought he bike off.

Now does anyone know what weight oil it should be for the front forks ?

Also i've considerd a Steering Damper, there's one on crotch rockets (seen here:http://www.crotchrocketspares.com/products/RS125-NHK-Racing-steering-damper.html) but im un-sure where it'll fit on, i can see that it goes around the fork leg at the front, but as far as it going on the frame i don't know, as my frame dosen't appear to have somewhere on the outside of it that i could every attach a steering damper on.

Any advise is helpful as i'd like to feel a bit more confident with the front, well doesn't everyone lol.

Thanks in Advance
Brad

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (05 March 2009 23:25)

Post a message in Suspension

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Forks

No need for a steering damper. Have a word with your dealer (bike, not drugs:lol:) and see what should be the standard weight and amount of oil.

Rerturn them to standard, and start from there.

Also, do not grip the bars too tight. This can have a detrimental effect.

Reply to this Topic
nathanwells2007

Jun 11

97 aprilia rs125

need help my mates rs125 97 plate wants to fold on the front forks issue and no confidence but as i found weird their is only a spring in one side of the forks and nothing in the other is the forks of another bike that has springs in both sides that could go on 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices