Skip to content

Discuss This DVLA license problem is widespread Politics & the law

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Politics & the law > DVLA license problem is widespread

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

terry phillips  says:

DVLA license problem is widespread

This problem with the dvla wiping licenses is wide spread, I passed my bike test over 20 years ago, changed my licence and entitlement is missing. I rang DVLA, got told to prove i had passed my test - they will not add my entitlement back on my licence, but i have got 11 years no claims bonus on my insurance for my curent...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (14 April 2009 15:22)

Post a message in Politics & the law

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fester007

May 07

fester007 says:

dvla licencing

good for you they did the same to me but  i didnt notice till this year after a 27 year gap and to top it all i have to a cbt and a theory test ,sucks all the best mate

Reply to this Topic
Nephilius

Jan 09

Nephilius says:

DVLA Licence issues

It works the other way round though: I got mine back through the post to discover that I had HGV entitlement added, despite never having driven anything larger than a cortina. Now I have a great job driving for Eddie Stobarts up and down the M6

Reply to this Topic
WoodSpoon

Jun 06

WoodSpoon says:

I'm Just waiting to hear of the first motorcycle only licence to have it's motorcycle entitlement removed and come back blank, it's going to happen at some point you can see it coming a mile off and it's going to be un beleveably stupid when it does.

Reply to this Topic
mike13

Apr 09

mike13 says:

DVLA

This is a big problem that the DVLA is doing this to so may people and getting away with. We all know that the govement is so anti. Main question what will be done to solve this problem

Reply to this Topic
RedLion

Dec 08

RedLion says:

So what can we do???

Ok - we've heard of lots of stories of lost entitlements, but what do we need to do to ensure we don't lose our motorcycle entitlement when we need to return our licences.  I've just noticed that my photo licence needs to be renewed in the next four months, but am now extremely worried that if I send it off - I'll lose my bike entitlement.  What will the DVLA accept as proof other than my pass certificate which I've not seen in 20 years.

Help!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices