Skip to content

Discuss This Kyalami WSB: Race 2 Results - Haga victorious, Spies unable to finish. World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Kyalami WSB: Race 2 Results - Haga victorious, Spies unable to finish.

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Kyalami WSB: Race 2 Results - Haga victorious, Spies unable to finish.

Noriyuki Haga won race 2 after being in first place for almost the entire race. Only Ben Spies managed to get in front of Haga for the first couple of laps until the unlucky Texan had to return to the pits and saw out the rest of the race from the side of the track. Michael Fabrizio challenged Haga a few...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (17 May 2009 15:31)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
keith24

Jul 04

keith24 says:

so very boring

bloody cheating barstard ducati's  ..these races are getting very boring ...they need to ban these 1200 twins , whats wrong with the 1000 4 that they already have , make them use that !

Reply to this Topic
bluehazeboy

Aug 07

bluehazeboy says:

bloody team orders,ducatia are scared witless of spies,didnt like the half harted effort by fabrizio,i agree wiht keith 24 and say the twins shood be 1098,s like the road bike,but all ducati would do is build a 1200 roadbike

Reply to this Topic
AdestheMex

Aug 08

AdestheMex says:

Ducati's 1200 bike

They have built one Bluehazetoy, it's called the 1098R....................... 

And Keithy, mate, boring? How in hell is WSBK boring? Do you own a Honda, is that it? Your team not winning? Get over it mate and enjoy the current premier class of racing. 

Personally, after the whole drug scandal farce from last time Nori Haga was there, it was great to see him get up for the double win. Bad luck to Spies though. Yamaha reliability will cost him the championship this year I would think.

Reply to this Topic
neilf

Aug 02

neilf says:

Bluehazeboy, as  AdestheMex said, Ducati do produce a 1200cc twin which is fully homolgated for suberbike racing... it's called the 1098R. These have alway been 1198cc, right from the off, the fact that it says 1098R on the tank is irrelevant. Kawasaki's early ZZ-R1100 were 1052cc, or there abouts... it's just a name. For marketing reasons Ducati desided to stick with the 1098 across it's range when they were released to save confusion and keep the connection with the 1098 & 1098S... unfortunately, some people seem to have a problem with this and can't get their heads around it.

neilf.

Reply to this Topic
s1eveandrew5

Mar 04

s1eveandrew5 says:

Haga = yard stick

Haga is basically a measure of the performance advantage of the Ducati.

He has been in WSB for long enough to run consistently fast each year. Every year with Yamaha he has been up and down and just missing out. He must have got frustrated seeing the Dukes passing him so changes rides to the Ducati and is fastest every race from the off.

Dont get me wrong I love Haga's riding its fantastic, but there is an advantage for the ducati and yamaha have to push too hard to make up. Thats where the lack of consistency comes from. performance is similar but Ducati are cruising

Reply to this Topic
robertreynolds

May 09

*Sigh*

It's great to watch, but the advantage the xerox team have on the rest of the field is scandalous and Spies' retirement early on in the race is proof of how hard teams are working to try and play catch up. The FIM are scared shitless of losing the dukes and everyone knows it, this has given Ducati the opportunity to wrap the whole championship round their greedy little fingers.

I have nothing against the actual riders, although I don't believe Fabrizioso really deserves that second spot in the championship.

Reply to this Topic
monkas

Mar 06

monkas says:

rsv4

think colin wright,s comments on eurosport were bang on with a more aggressive or hungrier rider on board the rsv could get to the top step of the podium biaggi was a great rider but does,nt seem to have the hunger anymore maybe a bayliss type roll (testing and development work)  would be better for both him and the team and give cal crutchlow a shot in 2010 or haslam or rea or sykes

Reply to this Topic
goldie32

May 09

goldie32 says:

one make championship

World superbike is becoming a bore. I Iost all interest once Spies was out of race two because he is the only man who can run with the Ducati's. Fabrizio second in the championship! it makes a nonsense of the series.

Ducati's should not have the advantage of a bigger engine. The BHP might be the same but the torque must be huge. Just think about it though if by some quirk of fate Ducati don't win the championship this year they will be racing 1500cc bikes next year!

They've gone from BSB and who misses them? If they can't compete on a level playing field they should take up skiing!

I won't be going to the Brit rounds this year.

Reply to this Topic
monkas

Mar 06

monkas says:

ducati,s

the ducati,s cost a bomb to run and v twin,s dont have the longevity of four,s or vee fours what everybody is missing is tardozzi,s shrewd selection of riders over the last ten years or so it,s just a case of right rider ,right bike look,s like he,s got the balance right this year so far the rest will just have to raise their game

Reply to this Topic
s1eveandrew5

Mar 04

s1eveandrew5 says:

Monkas, Its true that Ducati have picked the right riders, good team, prep'd bike well etc..etc..

But their 'shrewd' selection of Haga? I would have thought he was a safe bet that any team manager would want on board.

The fact that he couldn't win on the yamaha over the last few years but can jump on the duke and blitz everyone remains. Yamaha have a great rider, a good team and alot of data. Ok its a new bike but it can be that different to setup suspension wise. 

Make Ducati race the Desmo! Its within the rules completely and would be great to watch. Might make the other teams create awesome homologation specials too. Everyone complained when the 750 fours were racing but everyone loves an RC30,45, 51. Actually, leave the dukes alone. I want a 1200cc  RC55 SP-3  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices