Skip to content

Ask an Expert Heated grips? which to buy? Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Heated grips? which to buy?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Davchef

Mar 09

Davchef says:

Heated grips? which to buy?

Hi all, i am hoping to buy a VFR800 vtec new next week finance depending and whilst i am going to use borrowed money i am thinking of spalshing out on heated grips...

Now there are so many to choose from and the honda dealer i am going to buy from reccommended Honda heated grips at £199.99 and said he would fit them free of charge, however a quick google search has brought up Tesco heated grips at £48.92, R and G at £30, tech 7 at £30 and the list goes on, so i ask firstly which are best, not only for keeping my hands warm but also to keep the bike at a nice value for if i ever decide to sell it but also so that they dont run down the battery or are too tricky for me to try to fit... i am cack with any type of tools and i struggle to put seats back onto bikes after removing them....

I hope someone can help and advise...

Dav

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (01 August 2009 23:37)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gregzx9r

Aug 09

gregzx9r says:

not that hot .. more warm

i hope you get on with them better than me. i had some cheap ones on the old zx6r with a switch on, start, and off. they were on all the time from last october through to march and worked great. if wired through the ignition they cant drain the batery, so thats a winner (leave your bike in a bike park and some muppet will find it amusing to try and turn them on!) they were heine gericke ones.

on my zx9 it came with oxford hot grips, even with heat on 100% i can only feel them a little through my winter gloves. they are not as hot as the ones i had previous on my 6r and my 125 honda cbr!

then to top it off the left one has stopped working this morning! hence why i started looking on here!

i know this is prob not the grips, could be so many other things so not worth moaning about the grips cause of it.

i will not by the so called hot grips again though as they just arent. they should be called luke warm grips!

still having said this, i hope you get on ok with yours.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Honda Ones.

Had a Honda Deauville with the genuine Honda grips and an ER6 with Oxford Grips. The Honda grips controller is much better than the Oxford - better built and easier to use. After two years of hard use my Oxford Grip controller is looking really worn but the Honda one was fine and was really easy to use in gloves...
The Oxford grips are much cheaper but because they are designed to work with any bikes they have auto sensing on the battery voltage (The honda ones fit into the wiring loom so they don't need to auto sense - they know). Also the switch on process isn't very easy with winter gloves on the Oxford (You have to hold the button down which is a touch sensitive thing). That said they work well, I am ordering my second pair for my new bike and I would not consider buying a bike without heated grips unless I was going to use it for short journeys or summer use only - they are essential for trips much above 40 miles!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wayofthedarkhand

Apr 11

Daytona grips

Loads of people rate the Daytona grips. 

I was looking around for some more information on them and came across this comparison chart.

Need to pick some up soon as the weather has definitely turned more wintery than autumnal.

Reply to this Topic
wayofthedarkhand

Apr 11

Daytona grips

Loads of people rate the Daytona grips. 

I was looking around for some more information on them and came across this comparison chart.

Need to pick some up soon as the weather has definitely turned more wintery than autumnal.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices