Skip to content

Discuss This Colin Edwards doubts James Toseland’s MotoGP future MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Colin Edwards doubts James Toseland’s MotoGP future

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Colin Edwards doubts James Toseland’s MotoGP future

Colin Edwards has added to the major doubt about James Toseland’s MotoGP future by admitting the British rider is unlikely to be his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team-mate in 2010. Edwards has agreed a new one-year deal with the French squad after a series of impressive performances in 2009. But it remains to be seen whether he will be joined by Toseland,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (14 September 2009 13:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

ok Johnny boy

you want me to stick to the subject, huh? I'll give it to like this:

JT was a backstabber that you guys put all your hopes into but when he ran with the big dogs and got bit in the ass you guys are crying and whining like a baby that Colin is rubbing salt into his wounds and want to slag Edwards off like it's his fault JT wasn't fast enough or produced good results.

Is that on the topic enough for you?

Reply to this Topic
forklift

Apr 08

forklift says:

jt and ce

Correct me if am am wrong but surley JT did not single handedly instigate the swap in personnel. He cannot have that much influence. The hierachy must have made the final decision. So why is CE moaning?

Reply to this Topic
snoman1956

Aug 09

snoman1956 says:

normal modest Edwards

For an average rider Edwards certainly is full of himself, well past his sell by date, he must be breathing a big sigh of relief to have a contract and I am sure he will do all he can to make Toselands lot shakey, and he will look forward to another average year in 2010 (yawn).

Still if we dont have a brit in the GP class next year I wont have to waste my time watching it and perhaps the BBC might pick up a class with consistent competitive passing and crowd pleasing, bring on BSB a breath of fresh air.

Reply to this Topic
elsa1234

Mar 09

elsa1234 says:

if colin keeps his ride well done if james doesnt then its a shame. Colin wont win a race he never has and never will unless the top 5 fall off, not to say james would either but in moto gp we have at least 8 riders who couldnt win a bsb race so why keep them.money money money that the only reason why moto gp might as well be called  moto europe money gp.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Sponsorship - Elsa1234

This one's directed at you Elsa given your proclaimed role within the circus and your last mindless comment. Remember that MotoGP is dominated by the latins because it is THEIR money from THEIR captains of industry that invest in our sport for our enjoyment - good on them all, where would we be without them? And frankly they also have the best riders - you only need to look at the results for that one. Where are all the British teams and British money? Is not Britain the 2nd or 3rd largest economy in Europe? Have you not been banging on British doors to try and rustle up a Euro or two? Don't bitch about others success - it's come about through hard work, life shouldn't come to you on a platter.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

I'm going to call that Bullshit elsa

MotoGP has 8 riders who couldn't win a bsb race? NAME THEM - ALL 8.

Ok, I'll give you Canepa and Talmasci - who are the other 6?

BSB already has Ginters and Ellison pushing the front who if you looked in a dictonary under "MotoGP nowhere riders who no one noticed they where there and no one noticed when they where gone" their pictures would be front in center. Hell, Ellison was shown the door in AMA after GPs - that's why he's in BSB.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

And what's with the

"well if there isn't a Brit rider in MotoGP than I'm not watching" crap?

So you guys just started watching GPs last year or something?

I mean really - are you guys not fans of the sport or what?

JT isn't fast enough to keep his seat and you guys bitch and moan about the series, sponsors, and other nationalities.

I've been watching F1 regularly for the pass 15 years and if I was watching it just for Americans not only would I not be a true fan of the sport but I wouldn't be watching it at all!!!!!!!!! I'm wasn't waking up at 7:30am on a Sunday morning after a night of drinking and chasing girls to watch Scott Speed run in 15th!!!!! I was doing it because I loved the sport - and I still do. Same with WSBK. I'll be watching wither a Yank races in the series or not - just like I always have.

Reply to this Topic
AdestheMex

Aug 08

AdestheMex says:

Some corrections for those who don't have the facts....

For starters, Colin Edwards has signed a 1 year deal with Herve, NOT Yamaha. There is 1 Yamaha seat in the Tech 3 team and that seat is being held open. The seat with Herve WAS JT's seat.  The obvious person to take the YAMAHA seat is Spies, and should he win the WSBK crown this year (one year earlier than the plan), he will be in it.  Spies has signed a 2 year deal with YAMAHA Motor company, NOT the factory supported WBSK team run out of Italy. In the press release the prase "foresees 1 year in WBSK and then a move to MotoGP in 2011" is currently the subject of intense speculation.  So. Add to this the following facts.  Rossi will re-evaluate his contract at the end of 2010, and might very well go to the factory Ducati squad (Italian winning the WC on an Italian bike, Valentino desperately wants this achievement to best Agostini). If he goes, Jorge becomes number 1, Spies is promoted to the Factory Yamaha team.  Now, back to JT.  The only thing that will keep JT in MotoGP is DORNA, the BBC's money and a satellite ride. If Spies doesn't come to MotoGP, the ride will most probably go to De Puniet, and JT will either do a straight swap, or possibly go to a satelite Ducati ride. Dorna have been in talks with the BBC becasue the later wants a Brit in MotoGP, even though the likes of Smith and Redding are in the other classes. 

MotoGP is bigger than whether JT can ride or not. It's been that way for years, unfortunately there just isn't the money behind British riders (nor other nationalities like say Aussie's, South Africans etc), but when a Brit rider does make it to the GP's, they haven't capitalised like the Australian riders (Gardener, Doohan, Beatie, Stoner). Anyway, my guess is that you will see JT riding something next year, even if it is only his scooter to the shops for some milk.

Reply to this Topic
AdestheMex

Aug 08

AdestheMex says:

also..............

On the Rossi re-evaluating his contract................... 

Rossi is signed with Yamaha til the end of 2011, BUT, he is NOT happy that Jorge has negotiated in his deal with Yamaha that he has FULL access to all of Rossi's setttings, tyre data, parts, EVERYTHING.  So he has very openly stated he will look at it by mid-next year.  This has also been put forward as the real reason for Rossi wearing his "Donkey" helmet at Misano as he has commented at how unfair it is that he is now doing the "donkey work" and Jorge gets to capitalise from it. 

This fits in very nicely should Vale go to Ducati. Here's some thoughts for his possible motivation. Rossi has been beaten to the championship crown twice. Once by a Honda, once by a Ducati. Rossi has won the WC on a Honda and admitted he screwed up and lost to Hayden in '06. But the only rider to beat him substantially, was Stoner on the Ducati. it is a blight on his record that I'm sure he would like to undo by winning on the Ducati.  Also, he wants to be the first Italian since Agostini to win the crown on an Italian bike (and probably breaking Ago's record of 124 wins at the same time) to truly be the Greatest of all Time. 

Food for thought isn't it.......................

Reply to this Topic
cyberoader

Nov 08

cyberoader says:

consider the following....

@AdestheMex

What do you think about this: http://www.crash.net/motogp/interview/152107/1/exclusive_herve_poncharal_tech_3_motogp_-_qa.html

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices