Skip to content

Ask an Expert Honda CBR1000F or Triumph Trophy 900 For Europe Tour? Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Honda CBR1000F or Triumph Trophy 900 For Europe Tour?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

fatnfast1

Mar 07

fatnfast1 says:

Honda CBR1000F or Triumph Trophy 900 For Europe Tour?

Hi, I'm after a long distance tourer with some sporting potential for when the roads get a bit twisty in Europe. I've kinda narrowed it down to the Trophy 900 or Cbr1000f as i have a small budget and i can pick these up cheap. It has to be able to carry 2 people + luggage in confort and have a decent turn of speed for the possible autobahns. Can you help me choose please? Thanks, Gaz

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (29 December 2009 07:45)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

Well...

I've already mentioned a warning about the Triumph HERE,but it really does depend on your budget.

Some possibilities are:

Honda CBR 1000 (as you mention)

Kawasaki ZZR1100 or GPZ1100 

Yamaha FJ 1200 

BMW K100 RT/LT/RS 

etc etc

Personally,I'd go for the BMW. The reason being the used and new spares back up is excellent.  Big bike touring for low cost money to be honest,and with companies like Motorworks/Motobins etc,you should never run short of cheap spares and accessories.

No,that isn't a biased view either,as all of the above bikes are more than capable,and will be down to personal preference.  Let's face it,it's you who'll be riding and looking at it.  

Good luck.  :smile 

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

I would go for the Triumph

(but then I would!)

The Honda is a dull as dishwater. Yawn etc. Apart from thre starter clutch, the Triumph should be reliable, and a lot more fun. I had the speed trip with the same engine - brill.

P.S Fit a scottoiler. and new back tyre

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

Well

that settles it then,and to be honest,I can't disagree with either of them. (Well,the honda isn't THAT boring :wink:),but do check the starting on a used Trophy just to be sure.

Anyway,YOU know you want the Triumph really. :smile

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

trumpets

p...............................................son,don`t argue with them trumpet fanatics.:shock:

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

lmao

as if I'd do that?   Mind you,I couldn't.  :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Dvfine

Nov 08

Dvfine says:

Decisions, decisions

Glad I came back to the Mcn forum.  :-)

I was wondering Cbr or Bmw K100.. Based on your advice (albeit 5yrs ago) I think I'll opt Bmw.  Insurance is a bit cheaper too.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices