Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph Thunderbird's toughest test First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Triumph Thunderbird's toughest test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Triumph Thunderbird's toughest test

MCN's tests have proved that Triumph's new 1600cc Thunderbird is one of the best cruisers out there – its mixture of lazy parallel twin power and surprisingly sharp handling more than matches rivals such as the Harley-Davidson Super Glide and Kawasaki VN1700 Classic. But how will it cope doing 500 miles in one day across frozen Britain? It’s not a standard test...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (30 December 2009 18:28)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

Kev. You are mad mate. Interested to see the out come.

Reply to this Topic
AmericanV

Dec 09

AmericanV says:

Go for it Kev, but hardly a bike test: clothing and rider resilience, maybe, but short of a lack of Anti-Freeze in the radiator and black ice on the road, the bike will breeze it: anything with 12v electrics should - if I'd known you were planning it, I'd have joined you on my Shovelhead :-)

And don't worry, once you're used an upright riding position, neck muscles only start to be a major issue above 80: maybe a little faster with a full face helmet cutting through the air.

Reply to this Topic
ayrshirenutter

Jan 09

well it won't be like Rt 66

as it's about 37f below freezing (- 20c) on the midwest to east parts.

good luck with the trip,I was an all year  round commuting biker when I lived in UK,I thought UK was cold was but never knew what real cold was till I moved to USA :wink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
richarddickens

Nov 09

cold

i'd love to be in your boots with the new thunderbird kev,

if you chicken out i'l take your place no problem?

good luck kev :)

Reply to this Topic
5printst

Jul 08

5printst says:

Roadtest ???

4 pages of waffle about underwear, coffee, bridges over bridges and taking a piss ! 

Learned nothing about the Thunderbird except it does over 45 mpg... How about doing an actual road test ABOUT THE BIKE next time ?.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices