Skip to content

Discuss This Hoard of Foggy-Petronas FP1 road bikes found in Essex New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Hoard of Foggy-Petronas FP1 road bikes found in Essex

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Hoard of Foggy-Petronas FP1 road bikes found in Essex

MCN has discovered a secret hoard of 60 £25,000 Foggy-Petronas FP1 road bikes in a bunker in Essex.  Carl Fogarty – race team manager and figurehead of the ill-fated FP1 project – said when told the news: “You’re joking – that’s amazing!” It had been thought – and stated by the team – that the bikes were shipped to Malaysia...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (10 February 2010 14:52)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

oh yes

Buy one. Ride it.

NOTHING is unfixable.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

The picture reminds me of something I saw from WW2 where the Allies constructed hundreds of dummy tanks to fool the Germans, and it worked.

Maybe it was the same with the Petronas bikes, It could be that only the bikes on the end of the rows are complete to fool the homologation people and the rest are minus the engines etc and thats why they dont want to sell them.

I know I'm probably entering the 'realms of fantasy' thinking that but it makes you think, but whatever it was it's a disgrace they were allowed to race in WSB without selling a single bike.

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

I've never seen so many "White Elephants" in one place.

The FP1 must go down in the history books as one the biggest failures in motorcycling history.

Reply to this Topic
wizziwiz

Apr 05

wizziwiz says:

It may be now old and just a bunker of bikes but i would kill for one of them in my garage!!

Even if it was just an ornament, what a sight to behold!

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

150 bikes were required for homologation however 75 were seen in Malaysia and then 75 were seen three motnhs later in the UK. This three months gave Petronas enough time to crate up the original 75 bikes and transport them halve way around the world to claim there were 150 in total. Maybe the bikes seen in the UK were not the same as the ones in malaysia but if they were you can understand the reluctance of petronas to show they broke the rules by selling them now.

Personally I think it would be a travesty if they were destroyed but business honour may take over

Reply to this Topic
superpeter

Oct 09

superpeter says:

These bikes will be true collectors pieces. They remain a unique and slightly controversial part of WSB history - and the debate below highlights part of why these bikes are interesting...the superbike that should never have been made. Personally, I'd find an FP1 more interesting than other homologation specials like the 916SPS, OW01, RVF750, etc.

Reply to this Topic
RogerRSV

Jul 09

RogerRSV says:

How about..........

a one make race series - eventually a win!

Reply to this Topic
scottashcockayne

Sep 06

since they were found in a shed... sort of,,,,, can make a offer of buying one for a tenner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Reply to this Topic
bram stroker

Aug 02

bram stroker says:

Nice...

I'd like one, but imagine trying to get spares if you binned it...

Reply to this Topic
XELA

Mar 04

XELA says:

Foggy-Petronas found!

Reply to RogerRSV:Sorry but they were in a race series and due to funding and no winning season they were shelved or in this case stored in a shed.

I think at leasts one or two should be given away as competition prizes and sell a few with the rest being stripped for parts.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices