Skip to content

Discuss This Hydrogen highway to link London, Swindon and South Wales General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Hydrogen highway to link London, Swindon and South Wales

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Hydrogen highway to link London, Swindon and South Wales

Just in time for the debut of Suzuki’s hydrogen fuel cell Burgman scooter, ministers will shortly reveal plans for a network of refuelling stations along the M4 between London and South Wales. The BBC reports that Wales has been designated a Low Carbon Economic Area (LCEA) for hydrogen and low carbon fuel technologies such as natural gas and bio-methane. Environment Minister Jane...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (12 February 2010 13:46)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MontyUK

Apr 06

MontyUK says:

That's great, I like many people regularly travel between London and Cardiff on a scooter!

Reply to this Topic
wombat4

Jan 04

wombat4 says:

Hydrogen Rubbish

When are the Authorities going to give up on the now totally discredited Climate Change rubbish?

Reply to this Topic
Nephilius

Jan 09

Nephilius says:

Climate Change

Probably not until after your house has been washed away in a flood caused by climate change Wombat.

Reply to this Topic
seanogorman1

Aug 06

seanogorman1 says:

Blinded by science

Nephilius,

you have obviously been blinkered by government henchmen /scientists

the climate change scientists in the uk have been outed by their own emails which admit there sexing up the figures for their own end.

this has been the coldest winter in over decade

(but they changed the name from global warming to climate change didnt they)

the hole in the ozone has closed its self (even though we can make ozone)

and what prescisly does the goverment do with the money they charge you in "green" taxes.? i have not seen gordon or his cronies activly using any of the cash to reduce global warming have you ?

take the blinkers off cos its freezing outside .....just as it should be!

Reply to this Topic
Nephilius

Jan 09

Nephilius says:

Climate change, myth or fact

It amazes me that there are still those that think climate change isn't happening purely because it's cold out. Global warming refers to mean temperatures, and it is a matter of record that average temperatures are higher across the world. The consequence of this isn't going to mean we all have lovely hot weather, but rather that it will destabilise the climate and we will experience more extremes of weather. This is already happening in many parts of the globe as you'll doubtless have read in the papers - snow in California, very dry summers causing fires, exceptional flooding in the UK, tidal waves killing thousands, the polar ice-caps that have existed for thousands of years unaltered suddenly receding at an enormous rate. These are not within the normal cycle, and they are likely to get worse. The UK is likely to get far colder, as the ice-caps will put unsalted water in to the atlantic and the conveyor belt effect of rising hot water and cooling cold, which depends on high levels of salination will stop, and we'll no longer be warmed by the gulf-stream. It's not some government con, there's no conspiracy, it's just fact. The one thing I would agree with you on is that the government needs to do more, although there's quite a lot of government money available in the form of grants for green initiatives if you go to the Energy Saving Trust website. 

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

nephilius you poor victim of propeganda, look at one sided results on a very VERY short timeline is obviously going to give results that point towards anything you could wan them to i could choose figures that make the world look as though it is going to end in 10 years time. We no longer see any arguments against because there is far too much money to be made from this bollocks. This is something i have followed very closely since before it became a fashion and a taxation, and strangely all the graphs and figures around that could show 'climate change' to be nothing more than how should be say... bollocks! Have all disappeared and been removed from the net and websites closed down... i wonder why?... climate change is naturally occuring in fact it has slowed down an incredibale amount recently comparably. but there's no point in me even talking as no one argues what they're told in this society they are good little worker ants all the same. Do some research of your own instead of just spluttering out the garbage we hear every day like a pre-recorded message. O and on another depressing note it is out population that endangers the planet not our technology as the world can only substain a maximum of 2 billion humans and there is now currently over 6.5 billion. Peace

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

Man, i have no idea if the planets getting hotter or colder. But what ever is happening i just can't belive mans activitys is having no effect on the earth. I refuse to belive that 100 years from now the planet will be the same as it is now. Somethings got to give at some point.

Reply to this Topic
brevav2

Feb 09

brevav2 says:

We dont need a hydrogen highway thank you,the whole global warming agenda is a BIG LIE,plans were laid for this scam 40 years ago by the global elite,a small group that run this planet and our lives,it is part of an agenda to reduce the worlds population by up to 90%,thier 'controlled' media use fear as a weapon against us,i.e 'the planets overpopulated',there's going to be food shortages',the oil's going to run out',etc,etc,all LIES,theres plenty for everyone,the truth is out there,but dont bother looking via the mainsteam media,use books,the net etc,the earths climate changes constantly,(shock horror),human activity has no impact, the earth hasnt warmed during the 21st century, the climate models are skewed to produce the figures the United Nations,governments,N.G.Os,(Greenpeace etc)use to justify and strike fear into the population of the planet,i do not have a carbon footprint and neither do you,the U.K was warmer than today during the mideval warm period when wine was produced in northern england prior to the industrial revolution when the worlds population was a fraction of what it is today,the temperature will always fluctuate,enjoy your petrol motorcycles while you can,because unless we all wake up soon the ''green save the planet from those wicked poluting humans''movement will ban all private vehicles among other draconian measures,Dont be one of the 'sheeple'open your eyes.

Reply to this Topic
AlexKing

Mar 09

AlexKing says:

@ seanogorman etc.

Just to answer a few things...

>>you have obviously been blinkered by government henchmen /scientists

Henchmen?? Yes, the government is run by Blofeld, stroking his cat whilst barking orders at white-coated minions in inch-thick spectacles, fabricating climate change results so that they can achieve their diabolical plans of some hydrogen fuel pumps at Leigh Delamere services MWAHAHA! Sheesh...

>>the climate change scientists in the uk have been outed by their own emails which admit there sexing up the figures for their own end.

Yes, they screwed up and said some stupid things in what they thought was a private conversation, but I've not seen anything that calls into question the basic conclusions about man-made climate change and, even if the entire study was discredited, every other serious study into climate change around the world reaches the same conclusion. Just because someone untrustworthy says the flat-earthers are wrong, it doesn't make them right!

>>this has been the coldest winter in over decade

Oooh, a whole decade. I have pants which are older. I think there are some people in Vancouver who might take issue with you as well. Just because it's a bit nippy in your corner of blighty, it doesn't make it so in the rest of the world.

>> (but they changed the name from global warming to climate change didnt they)

Yes, that's because it's MORE ACCURATE, and they (clearly wrongly) thought it might stop eejits going "global warmin'? don't make me larf! it was bleedin freezin dahn in romford last week!". Not that accuracy and science seems to matter much these days...

>> the hole in the ozone has closed its self (even though we can make ozone)

Closed itself?? So all that stuff everyone did to stop CFCs going into aerosols and fridges was just incidental then? The hole in the ozone layer is an excellent example of us seeing a problem, diagnosing the cause (through science), and doing something about it, which is exactly what we should be doing about climate change.

>>and what prescisly does the goverment do with the money they charge you in "green" taxes.? i have not seen gordon or his cronies activly using any of the cash to reduce global warming have you ?

OK, so the green taxes are largely a red herring, but just because our politicians are bent it doesn't mean that climate change isn't true.

>>take the blinkers off cos its freezing outside .....just as it should be!

Yes, yes Jack, you're alright, we know.

Oh, and to all the conspiracy theorists, this 'global elite' of which you speak, would these be the same people who can't organise an NHS database? or forsee an economic crisis? or keep their wedding tackle in their pants (I'm looking at you Mr Clinton, Mr Berlusconi etc.). Either they're incompetent buffoons or global masterminds - you can't have both. I know which I think is most likely.

Conspiracy theories are, by and large, driven by a desire by the theorist to believe that someone, anyone, is in charge of the whole situation when, in fact, nobody is.

But then I suppose I would say that, as I'm OBVIOUSLY part of the conspiracy...

Reply to this Topic
Nephilius

Jan 09

Nephilius says:

climate change, myth or fact

The research I have done supports my assessment. I have mentioned some of this in my earlier post, although I note that you haven't supplied any and have just expressed an opinion. However I'd be delighted to reassess my beliefs in the the light of contradictory evidence, so my challenge to you is to provide some sound scientific research that supports your thesis that what we are seeing in terms of climate change is normal. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices