Skip to content

General Gap in market... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Gap in market...

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

mick662723

Mar 10

mick662723 says:

Gap in market...

For the last 2 yearsI've been looking for a suitable replacement for my ZX9R. A good alround bike for touring and scratching but getting a little past it.

I fancied a change and bought a Twin, an Aprillia RSV. I had it for a year and I'm afraid to say we didn't gell. I found it unreliable, jerky and an absolute pain through town and not that quick on a track day at Snetterton. It was awfull their through the chicane and I nearly didn't makeit home due to  a leaking clutch slave cylinder. The handling and brakes were excellent mind..

Back to 4 cylinders. I bought a ZX12R next and found the tank range very poor, the handling too heavy and the comfort not great.

I decided to look for something a little less portly.

I 'm looking for a litre 4 cylinder bike that has a modicom of comfort, decent tank range and good handling and peformance.

I don't want a twin, a tourer, sports tourer, Busa, KTM, or any other of the suggestions I've been given. I know what I want but no one makes it.

Picture it...

A Zx10R with a larger tank, (say 23 liters), a larger DB screen, easily adjustable foot pegs and slightly higher bars, not too high like a VFR, just a little higher.

It would be just as quick, but with much greater range and comfort..all for a few kilo's in weight.

They could even call it the ZX-10RC...for comfort...

Perfect...I'd have two..

In the mean-time, I've bought another ZX9..(my third).

I  know it's getting long in the tooth but I can't think of anything else to buy.

Mick..

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (03 March 2010 11:23)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
yammagamma

Aug 02

yammagamma says:

Mick

Good choice, very strong engines.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN