Skip to content

Discuss This Sheene tribute bike at Goodwood Custom & modified bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Custom & modified bikes > Sheene tribute bike at Goodwood

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

Sheene tribute bike at Goodwood

This is the Icon Sheene – a 250bhp turbocharged tribute to the late great Barry Sheene. The bike – which is revealed in this week’s MCN – was designed and built by Andrew Morris who has dubbed it ‘the ultimate road bike’. Morris said: “Barry Sheene was a hero – of mine and everyone else. I believe the Icon Sheene is...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (24 March 2010 09:38)

Post a message in Custom & modified bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Icarus7

Jul 09

Icarus7 says:

Sheene tribute...?? Yeah I can really see the sheene influence on the bike. Looks like a melted katana fairing!

Reply to this Topic
firebladekenny

Jul 05

I don't get it. 

I'm sure it's an incredible bike but where does the Sheene Trbute come in? 

What's the Goodwood reference? 

Reply to this Topic
danieljn

Mar 10

danieljn says:

website

firebladekenny... I was thinking the same, so have done a bit of digging and found their website www.iconsheene.com   this makes it all a bit clearer... its been done with the sheene family... I was on the fence but having seen the gallery on the site I am now planning a bank robery... or do you think they will take a check?? :)

Reply to this Topic
smethuba

Mar 10

smethuba says:

Icon Sheene

Wow!!..what an amazing looking bike, so with a Spondon Chassis, Faireholme paint design, Parrish , Suzuki TURBO , at last something different, with all the DNA of Sheene, opportunities to own such a wild thing don't come around like this too often... where's my cheque book, better than money in the bank..our bazza would have loved this , just Outrageous..bring it on....is it out at Goodwood in July....just realised thats where Bazza won his last race

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Beautiful but...

A little impractical. Quite apart from the cost of insurance the lights look a little limited! Shame that so few will be used. A nice tribute though.

Reply to this Topic
Icarus7

Jul 09

Icarus7 says:

I thought the point of a tribute is to honour the person... If you wasn't told it was a sheene tribute and just saw the bike you'd never of guessed. It is a decent looking bike .. Fairing apart but nothing I've not seen before in streetfighters magazine.... And I think he's kidding himself thinking he'll sell 52 at the asking price!

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

tribute or I con ?

Sheene was more than a hero to me and to many ,but is this highly expensive bag of spanners really in keeping with his ethos ? He was a down to earth very talented man who became a star and a wealthy businessman,but he was also mechanically minded and in touch with his following, I think although this may be a well intended gesture he may of seen a better way of keeping his iconic image intact,though for my part the sheer pleasure and good fortune to have seen him race and to have met the man will outway owning anything but a replica of or a machine he rode (i should be so lucky) ,that pleasure will live with me for ever and the stories of which i share with my son proudly.His record and memory is "tribute"enough , This just smacks of a rich mans whim to make more ?? I hope I am wrong

Reply to this Topic
Morgano

Nov 09

Morgano says:

Sheene

NO NO AND NO!! Go away with your shit bike. A tribute bike? You should be able to tell straight away who the bike is a tribute to, not have be told!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices