Skip to content

Discuss This “Our licences prove DVLA fraud claims wrong” General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > “Our licences prove DVLA fraud claims wrong”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

“Our licences prove DVLA fraud claims wrong”

MCN readers have come forward to show their licences are identical to one DVLA said was forged because the vehicle symbols were wrong. Marcus Mee, 38, was charged with fraud after producing photocopies of a licence which appeared to prove DVLA had lost record of his motorcycle entitlement. He is one of scores of riders to complain of the DVLA issuing a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (16 April 2010 15:52)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bergenhaus

Mar 09

bergenhaus says:

DVLA

What an absolute farce. I'm very glad people are coming forward to support Marcus Mee. I hope he gets some sort of compensation for what he's had to go through.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Legal action still seems the only recourse for Marcus ?

Test case !

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

DVLA

Thank christ for other people to come forward or i dread to think what DER VAGUE LICENCING AUTHORITY would have done to the next unfortunate person.

What planet are the people from who work there on. Dont even know when they issued licenses TOSSERS

Reply to this Topic
Morgano

Nov 09

Morgano says:

DVLA

It's funny how they know they made a cock up with the licences and the dates this happened but yet won't investigate claims for riders. They must have records of where and when we passed our test to check up with. Typical English system, we've got to do all the leg work for them to then say YES YOUR RIGHT. What a load of...

Reply to this Topic
triken

Jan 08

triken says:

DVLA

In 1993 I had my HGV issued on a paper licence with the same symbols as shown in the photograph,

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

The DVLA are a typical arrogant Government department with no accountability.

Reply to this Topic
Forlornehope

Apr 10

Forlornehope says:

Notarised copies

Anyone worried about sending their licence in can get copies notarised by a solicitor for a minimal fee - less than a tenner.  Just take the original and the copies into any solicitor's office and ask for the copies to be signed off.  I  haven't had to do this for my licence but have done it for a number of other transactions where copies were needed.  If you're worried, and who wouldn't be after all these stories, it's worth a little bit of trouble.

Reply to this Topic
malinderj

Apr 10

malinderj says:

Have MCN got this one wrong?

I was the first one to get ready to write on here in an anti DVLA campaign. I asked my dead to check his licence and he to has this licence with a date of 1978, bingo DVLA have it wrong? unfortunately my dad wreckons the date stated is the date he passed his test and not the date of issue. Can any one else confirm this? are motor cycle news supporting a criminal, do we want these drivers on bikes?

Reply to this Topic
malinderj

Apr 10

malinderj says:

AM I WRONG?

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

Sorry?

Only a small word but how about an apology to Mr. Mee who has been put through hell because the DVLA got it wrong. All very well walking from a court because of lack of evidence, but the CPS still assume he is guilty until proven innocent.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices