Skip to content

Discuss This Assen WSB: Brit boys dominate World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Assen WSB: Brit boys dominate

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Assen WSB: Brit boys dominate

Jonathan Rea rounded off a good weekend at Assen by taking victory in the second race after claiming pole position on Saturday and taking victory in race one. The weekend was a great success for the Brits with the podiums from both superbike races consisting entirely of British riders. Factory Suzuki rider Leon Haslam finshed second ahead of Sterilgarda Yamaha rider James Toseland. 1  65 Rea...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (25 April 2010 15:49)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sparky16

Sep 07

sparky16 says:

Good to see...

My local Irishman form Ballyclare leading the way....behind you 100% Jonny boy ;).

Reply to this Topic
ninjachris79

Oct 09

ninjachris79 says:

Question??????

Was that the best pair of races ever in one weekend of Superbike history??????????

Either way it was awesome to see the Brits in such sparkling form!!!! JT doubters will now be very quiet i should imagine, he was awesome today.

JR was impeccable in his double win, Future World Champ for sure.

Cam was great til 2 laps from the end of Race 2 - Max has got a problem on his hands with his young teammate.

Great race 2 from Leon too - Not a over bad first race with a front puncture haha!!!!

I firmly believe this could be the greatest ever season for the world supers - Its so close!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

great

got to be the best races i have seen, come on the brits, and jonny to, motogp not a patch on wsb.

Reply to this Topic
dessp2

Jan 04

dessp2 says:

Good result..

But he has the people skills of Carl Fogarty.

Reply to this Topic
jonmx

Apr 09

jonmx says:

Fantastic!!!

That really was top class racing today-best I`ve seen in ages :o) WSBK rules!

Reply to this Topic
deafdave

Oct 09

deafdave says:

what a good british riders!

a other ficking yayy!!!! other 3 british on podium again lol but sad for camier is out:(

Reply to this Topic
vconor

Mar 10

vconor says:

JT

Well happy JT is in good form hopefully it will continue!

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Stunning!

Rapid Rea shows the way! Assen delivered 2 great races today... massive thanks to the owners for opening up the chicane on the back straight running down to Schtekenvaal (I know...spelling) that has brought a little of the ole magic back. JT doubters back under their stones, me crawling under my rock having had doubts about Camier this season, WHAT A RIDE, respect Leon! I really dislike Corser for various reasons but thumbs up to him for not just doing a few laps but actually growing a pair to stick around for the race. Johnny was "the" man today but riders of the day for me have to be (open gob insert slice of humble pie) Troy and Leon C. Great racing guys. SBK at it's best today.... can't wait for the next round. I say move it forward to Wed that should give them enough time to get sorted and me to calm down???? What a treat!

Reply to this Topic
RichieRotten

Oct 05

RichieRotten says:

Six manufacutures in the top 6, 3 hard chargeing Brits on the podium. Hope I can stay awake for the Moto GP!!! Laguna seca and that battle between Rossi and Casey - good race. But these races had some moves to equal that one, for commitment and bravery no doubt, but it involved half a dozen guys for two races not two guys for one race {all season}. For me both race 1 and 2 is bike racing. Bike racing at its best. I am really lost for words about this pair of races these guys are just beyond me.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

Vindication # 2 ...

Nice to see the predictions of both Nostrodamus and myself coming to fruition insofar as young Mr Rea is concerned. Very few were taking much notice while he was wandering in the doldrums early season ... For me, the ever-growing story in WSBK this season is the consistently improving CV of Troy Corser and the BMW Team. Not only is Corser a fine competitor and development rider, so smooth and quick, ( wonder what the go is with willie wheelbreaker ? here ) but the S1000RR is proving to be the business on both the roads and the track. The bike has beaten-off all challengers in numerous competitive bike magazine tests ( quicker than a Hayabusa and ZZR14 - and all this from 1,000cc !!! ) and look at it's performance to date in the " Superstock " class. One wonders how long it will be before we see them at the Island? To the Zombies and other shallow smart-arses such as supermario and buelligan whatever - it isn't a matter of being " clever " - just vast and specific direct experience, age, treachery and cunning. You too may share some of these dubious attributes when you finally grow up. Cheers

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices