Skip to content

Discuss This North Wales Police: "We've been misunderstood" General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > North Wales Police: "We've been misunderstood"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

North Wales Police: "We've been misunderstood"

Police in North Wales have broken a promise to use discretion over number plates that don’t meet the letter of the law but are clearly legible – and the force is blaming bikers for the resulting confusion. In February the force said: “Alternatives to prosecution will be considered in cases where the plate is clearly legible and it is clear that...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (07 May 2010 14:33)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MattMorris

Sep 09

MattMorris says:

eltomo is right

Just put a legal plate on and they can't do you. A pedantic cunt will do you for whatever reason he can so I don't see the point in giving them a stick to beat you with. Yes the plates are massive in this country but that's just tough shit. Yes the smaller plates look better but they aren't essential to a good ride so why kick up a fuss about something so trivial. Also if the guy can prove the plate was like that when he bought it then he has a good case for getting out of the charge.

Reply to this Topic
airlock

Nov 07

airlock says:

dont go

north wales are good but not the best, they have resrected hitler to give policing advice, just dont go. better of going up to scotland where you are free to play. north wales is shit for bikers any way, the people are openly hostile, the police openly illeagly dicriminating against bikers, dont give them youre money and let there remaining tourism burn.

Reply to this Topic
bazablue

Mar 10

bazablue says:

north wales police

sorry superintendent BUT we all fully understand you and your force only too well...and I will NEVER again entertain a holiday with family in north wales...See how your local tourism industry likes that!!!!Same goes for many others I know and we arent kids we are business and retired folk!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
TheWookie

Feb 10

TheWookie says:

Last time I went to Brecon my mate and I got stopped.

They did him for an illegal number plate (£60) and tried to find something wrong with my bike..

They measured the tyre tread, tyre pressures, chain slack, exhaust analyser AND got a decibel meter out .....They didn't get me for anything though... tossers.

Reply to this Topic
factoryboy

Mar 10

factoryboy says:

shit hole

surely being in North Wales is punishment enough for any traffic offence the place is a SHIT HOLE...... don,t go !

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

You've

not been 'mis understood' at all  -  you've been found out.

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

Been in Wales Once...

... Not in a hurry to return.

Didn't get hassled by coppers or abused by locals. Just don't really see the point in the place. The roads ARE wonderful and I can see the attraction for bikers but then if the coppers are their usual selves, toss pots, then what's the point in taking the chance?

Just avoid the place. Let the Welsh live in their own little world and talk their own little language to each other... They ARE 'ARAF' when it comes to change and self reliance and indeed ANYTHING. Back to front country which is full of back to front people and is led by the expected back to front ar53hol3s.

Anyways... We had an opportunity for change and instead voted in the Conservatives (Non-Liberal Democrats coalition)... No doubt Wales will be thrown to the dogs soon enough whilst middle Englanders continue getting richer and richer.

Reply to this Topic
bobr13

Aug 06

bobr13 says:

Green lanes

In March we were accosted buy the North Wales Police. They tried to hassle us but were on legal lanes. I understand them perfectly, they don't like motorbikes. Period!

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Rules is rules...

But...I've seen quite a few imported Japanese 4x4's who, for some reason, have a standard UK size plate at the front and a smaller one at the back. - usually a little square thing. I wonder how many get stopped and have their lettering measured?

Anyway, this whole number plate thing is a joke. You would have thought by now someone would have come up with an alternative to the number plate as they are easily copied or false onces created for crime. It doesn't say much for the ANPR technology, that number plates need to be the size of dinner plates in order to be read!

It would be nice if someone came up with a bar code as a replacement for a number plate about the size of a rear reflector (75mm x 25mm ish) and a bar code reader as a replacement for the ANPR system or an embedded chip placed at the time of manufacture, holding the VIN details. This might help reduce or eliminate vehicle theft/cloning and have the knock on effect of making all the current crop of speed cameras redundant overnight too!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
sallison30

Mar 08

sallison30 says:

We've been misunderstood" No you haven't, you are the most anti bike police force in the country. We understand that perfectly well!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices