Skip to content

Discuss This Video: 140mph speeding biker General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Video: 140mph speeding biker

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Video: 140mph speeding biker

Footage of a speeding motorcyclist hitting 140mph has been released by police. Kent Police says the rider is one of several caught using its unmarked video bikes.The force has released the footage as a warning ahead of the Ace Café’s Margate Meltdown run on Monday.      A spokesman said a 37-year-old-man from Eccles was banned for 12 months, ordered to do...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (27 May 2010 16:51)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

TYPICAL POLICE

goading a rider to ride faster and then stop and prosecute, typical police tactics..

why don`t they goad burglers, robbers, rapists etc etc ?

don`t have the man power they will say.... they make me puke..

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

Honestly...

Was 140mph in the circumstances really that bad?

Modern sports bike can hit 140mph in 3rd gear in seconds and stop almost as quickly.

I agree with the stabbings and the other rants below. If society breeds people who stab other people and see nothing wrong with it then how come that same society see a high speed as sooooo crucially important? Especially when the high speed resulted in no accidents, no loss of life, no harm to anyone, NOTHING.

The coppers in their short sighted views and opinions use the good ole 'It could've resulted in an accident' or 'It was an accident waiting to happen, we HAD to act'. Utter bull... People are just as likely to die at slower speeds as faster ones, hell people even die of naturally occuring illnesses! Death is not preventable.

Suppose my views are too extreme. I'd guess a handy lesson for this rider would've been a 28 day ban, reasonable fine and a bloody good lesson learned. Hell some of those little twerps who go round stabbing people for no reason get lesser sentences than this rider received! I'd prefer to keep my eyes open for a biker doing 140mph on a straight 3 laned piece of tarmac than trying to suss out if a wee ned is going to stick a knife in me.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

140 mph video

Ahem. Sorry to pee on your matches, but this donkey had it coming. He nearly took the front wheel out from under me one evening on my way up Bluebell Hill (A229) and, on the occasions I saw him, rode like a complete and utter twat, to the extent he forced a woman and kids off the road in their car. Do you think that's acceptable? If the general consensus is YES, I'm hanging up me leathers, because that means that riding like a knob, and  having your jollies while fucking things up for those of us who don't need attention drawn to us as a group, has become the norm. That, I don't need in life. To all the professional whingers/ranters who will post a reply slagging this off - BOLLOCKS. Grow up. This sort of shit affects ALL of us.

Reply to this Topic
BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

billysollocks

how do you know its the same guy? and if you think 140 mph is too fast for a quick blast on a open road, i agree you should hang up your leathers...

P.S what size are your leathers, and has your CG125 got a big bore kit on it? :ph43r:

thanks in advance  :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
suzukimad

Feb 09

suzukimad says:

140 +

these lads will show you 175 no proab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go21aXxgW8s

Reply to this Topic
knowlep

Aug 02

knowlep says:

140 mph video

140 MPH in these situations is too fast and the undertakes were simply suicide. We all know that there are car drivers out dribbling out the sides of their mouths looking through glasses like the bottoms of beer glasses who cannot see beyond the edge of their steering wheel who should be legislated off the road so you have to ride accordingly.

I like to "Light the Wick" myself and I'm no saint but this guy is simply dangerous. If you want to have a bit of a blast then go somewhere a bit more deserted.

I'm also of the opinion that the cars showing poor lane discipline should be "Nicked" and that the general perception of excess speed is ridiculously over hyped but this is the world we live in.

I also get annoyed at the Police's constant rants about "What if " e.g. What if that pebble in the road you rode over  was a child or what if that crisp packet that blew out in front of you was a pedestrian - well it wasn't and I have got a pair of eyes officer !! What if an alien landed in front of you while chasing a motorist for doing 31MPH - you could be killed!!!!!! Knobs.

Reply to this Topic
arryace

Apr 10

arryace says:

open road????

what open road ????????

he rode like a complete twat and it's people like him that gives police forces justification to use unmarked bikes.

he couldn't even see far enough ahead to know it was safe to travel at that speed he should be forced to ride a pushbike for the rest of his life

Reply to this Topic
garjon78

Jan 10

garjon78 says:

Did the police add the sound track? Brilliant.

Reply to this Topic
nc30nutter

Sep 04

nc30nutter says:

You Muppets

To all you people that are complaining about "police entrapment," why don't you just take a long hard look at yourselves?

Do you think that being a biker somehow exempts you from all traffic laws and allows you to ride as fast as you want??

Look at the video again....  The stretch of road where the biker is first picked up is a bloody 50mph zone!!!  I know that because I live in the area.  Do you think that doing over a one'r is acceptable do you through the traffic lights and junctions?  Say those lights turned red and it was a member of your family pulling out..  You reckon that Gixxer boy would stop?  As for entrapment... please!!  I doubt he ever even looked in his mirrors.  If I see anything coming up behind me then I back off, just in case.

People like this deserve to be banned.  There's a time and a place for riding fast and failing that go somewhere called a race track.  Brands is only 5 minutes away from Maidstone or failing that, f**k off down to Lydden. 

What you also don't realise is the more people decide to act in this way, the more the police are going to crack down on us.  In the last 2 months in Kent, 4 bikers have been killed.  You wonder why the police are cracking down??? 

A drivers licence is a privelege - not a right. 

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

What rights ?

Being alive is a privilidge not a right in our town, plenty of murders and rapes happen every month.

Fact is the copper could have pulled that biker at any stage before he pushed the biker on to much higher speeds.

But isnt that what the coppers do ? Push you on to see how much extra tax they can filch from you?

I`ve been on the receiving end of that police stunt. Most police farces have targets for bikers, its a numbers game, nothing more.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices