Skip to content

General I THINK ITS WHAT YOU CALL......... F*CKED !!! **UPDATE** General

You are in... Forums > General > General > I THINK ITS WHAT YOU CALL......... F*CKED !!! **UPDATE**

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

I THINK ITS WHAT YOU CALL......... F*CKED !!! **UPDATE**

:upset::upset::upset::upset::upset::upset::upset:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (27 May 2010 21:44)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

BUMP

Letter of Trading Standards action sent......:mad:

Reply to this Topic
davemdixon

Jul 09

davemdixon says:

Pay particular

attention to the other two gudgeon pins. They may have come from the same heat treat batch! Maybe from the same material stock bar.

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

I will be changing all pins, rings and shells when I rebuild mate.

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Triumph pin failure

My son was keen on a Triumph Bonneville fuzzrr , but after seeing how Triumph have treated you , I think I`ll be advising him to go for something more agricultural like a Harley .

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

jwe4

I did ask the Citizens Advice about the block servicing tactic, as I thought it was illegal for them to create that 'monopoly'.

My arguement is, when I bought it, the bike was coming out of warranty. So why would I have had it serviced by Triumph, to uphold a warranty I didnt have anyway.

This issue should have been dealt with them under a good will gesture, not mattering who serviced the bike. The pin just should not have snapped, end of.  I even asked them to supply parts at cost price, they wouldnt have lost out in anyway. Again they declined to help.

My other arguement is that no Triumph service would have prevented this. The bike uses so much oil between services, I have had to check it weekly to keep it topped up. So what is telling me that this bike was not run low on oil between its 500 mile, and 3000 mile service, when I didnt own it. Whats telling me the damage wasnt caused to the pin due to oil starvation at that point. My estimates are, that in that period, and the owner being a relative newbie, he could have gone through 2litres of oil in that service period.

But..... I could rattle on and on about this till im blue in the face.  You can all read through the thread and take out of it as you wish. I am yet to have someone on here say that I am being un-reasonable in all of this.

Anyway.... The letter has been sent, and I have ACIC the resident solicitor waiting to respond to their answer.

Reply to this Topic
tiggr2

Jun 10

tiggr2 says:

sorry..

new member so only juist read this, many moons ago I had a demonstartor sprint RS from clay cross. Went around a bend touched the peg down and it snapped. All i asked for was one at cost, thier reply all our parts are stress tested the bike must have had a previos accident. Thats it no apolgy, nothing just two lines. Sold it a week later with oberons on, never been to triumph since - feeling for you mate hope you get some joy and cost them some money....

Reply to this Topic
hairybob

Jan 09

hairybob says:

Triumph

can't believe how badly they've threated you,I was gonna buy a new thunderbird while the sun is shining, not now. I remember old bonnies with banana shaped rods out the crankcases but pistons were still attached, I don't think I've ever seen a broken gudgeon pin. 

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Split the crank casings today, and took the other two pistons out and inspected everything.

Then  went about ordering the parts. Now I knew the supplier would have to put some things on back order, but they should arrive next week........................

Except the 2 gudgeon pins I need. No date from Triumph when they will be in, and no stock available........  How very VERY odd eh????

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Good grief Surveyor..... Now there is a thought eh???

How many gudgeon pins do you think they sell for them to be totally out of stock eh??? :blink:

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

They must

be waiting for the dough mix to rise for them.....before putting them in the oven......

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices