Skip to content

Discuss This Motorcyclists are ‘pathetic’ with ‘immature obsession with speed’ General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Motorcyclists are ‘pathetic’ with ‘immature obsession with speed’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

James Sharpe  says:

Motorcyclists are ‘pathetic’ with ‘immature obsession with speed’

Daily Mirror columnist Paul Routledge has sparked controversy by calling motorcyclists “pathetic” with an “immature obsession with speed.” Routledge said it is, “time for old bikers to hang up their leathers,” instructing them to “grow up and realise that the roar of a 600cc bike is the whisper of death,” when complaining over the number of bikers who took advantage of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (01 June 2010 16:04)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Peteskipp

Jun 10

Peteskipp says:

What a Plonker

I suppose the 17 year old morons that drive souped up hatchbacks (by souped up, I mean hatchbacks with big speakers and 6 inch wide exhaust cans !) are the sensible ones !, Maybe we old bikers should stop touring all over Europe, the UK and North America on our standard quiet, economical and low emmission sports tourers and by a 10 year old Saxo, fit a stupid loud exhaust, even more stupid loud bass speakers and drive round housing estates making a nuisance of ourselves ... Remember when noise restrictions were put in place (and enforced) for bikes .. I wonder when that will happen on cars .. now where are the keys to my big SUV that pollutes the atmosphere and takes up half the road .. much more sensible for a man of my age ...

Reply to this Topic
Andyvfr1

Apr 10

Andyvfr1 says:

Paul Routledge, what a simple man you are....

This article stinks of a jealous middle aged man whos life lacks excitement.

I was reading an article the other day in a magazine about the causes of motorcycle accidents, the gist of it was that the majority of motorcycle accidents occur in towns and cities, on busy roads, at less than 30mph, on small displacement motorbikes, and the majority of the time a car driver is responsible for the accident.

Motorcyclists between 41-50 are the safest

Motorcyclists with 8yrs experience or more almost never crash and when they do, it is almost always the other vehicles fault.

Motorcycles over 1000cc crash the least.

Most motorbike accidents occur at junctions, more often than not when a motorcyclist it to blame, it is because he over took going past one, car drivers are most likely to cause the accident when they pull out infront of a motorcycle without seeingthe motorcycle/choosing to go anyway.

So maybe the old bikers shouldnt hang up their leathers, since theyre about the safest road users, maybe the old, blind car drivers who couldnt drive when they passed their test 30million years ago, never mind now they cant see past the steering wheel should through away the keys to their car?

Reply to this Topic
treasure4857

Jul 08

treasure4857 says:

id just ignore this fool as hes only trying to get attention on an old and failling career.

Routledge just hang your type writer up and fade away silently theirs a good little boy.

angry from t/wellls ...lol

Reply to this Topic
shovelheaddave23

Aug 09

"PATHETIC MOTORCYCLISTS

Routledge deserves absolutely no reaction whatsoever to his feeble attempt to rile people in this 3rd rate piece of writing...Why the editor accepted it as good enough for printing is beyond me.?...He must be as simple as routledge.?.....(and these people call themselves "journalists".?..ha ha)...Anyone who contacts the newspaper (or routledge) about this, is playing straight into their hands...Ignoring it completely, is the best thing we can ALL do.....What a moron.

Reply to this Topic
halftank

Feb 10

halftank says:

My poem

in General news say's it all for me , he is a 1st class prat with gold star.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices