Skip to content

General how did you rate your first bike after passing your test General

You are in... Forums > General > General > how did you rate your first bike after passing your test

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

adamjs

Feb 10

adamjs says:

how did you rate your first bike after passing your test

hope to get some good tips for when i look for my first bike after my mod 2 soon, what to buy and things to look out for that type of thing, and whats the best way to check for the faults. thanks adam.

:biggrin:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (15 June 2010 13:08)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SheffieldSteel

Feb 09

10/10

ZXR400, loved it.

Kept up with all the big boys, looked good, souded georgous, light and easy to chuck about. Right size for me as Im only 5ft7. It was a good bike to learn on, by that I mean after my test.

You need to buy summat that tickles ya fancy and suits your requirements. Go out and sit on a few, when yav found summat ya like, book a test ride if possible.

Hope ya find whatya lookin for and good luck wi ya mod2

Reply to this Topic
BIGMat

Jul 09

BIGMat says:

CBR 600

Scared the life out of me when i first opened the throttle!! Cant get enough acceleration now though.

The CBR was a great bike, ultra reliable and quick.

What are you looking for???

Reply to this Topic
buzznuts

May 07

buzznuts says:

Still got It..............

............. Passed my test 3 years ago and still havent felt the need to change it until now and thats only cos i fancy a 1000! I've Got a honda CBR 600 FX 1999 model. Have only had 2 problem's and that was 1 last week when I found out that the ignition wire had worn through from an over tight cable tie rubbing from turning the handlebars and a cam chain tensioner which is an almost cert to go on this bike but only cost 100 squid to replace and have fitted! I ride almost all year the bikes got 40k on now and still runs and keeps up with newer bike's without a prob! I find it also is a great compromise for both fun and commuting as alot on the newer breads are pure sport bikes and not a sports tourer. Of course it all depends on your needs and preference as to which bike you choose and of coarse ur budget!:smile 

Reply to this Topic
SheffieldSteel

Feb 09

It would be easier if

yo told us what sort of bike ya after.

Theres a lot of first bikes out there.

What ya thinkin?

250, 400, 600, 750, 1000?

Trials, sports, tourer?

Let us know what ya on about gettin and some of us might be able to point you in the right direction.

With 400's, a hell of a lot of them have been thrashed to bits on tracks. Mine was from Japan and in mint nick with only 10000 on the clock.

Reply to this Topic
adamjs

Feb 10

adamjs says:

750ish

hi i'm after around a 750cc not sure how i would feel on a sports, my wrists used to kill just pushing kids around in their pushchairs lol, just got rid of my 125 trails to pay for my test and found that riding position good for me so tourer/or the trails (but the wife said a pretty one lol) seen a few xj diversions that i like the look of and a few others. hoping for a few pointers when i go looking for a used one. been checking out insurance for them too and the prices seem to be good for the 750 area. cheers.

Reply to this Topic
carbonni

Jul 08

carbonni says:

Loved it....and still got it too

I bought my Hornet the day I passed my test and have never looked back!
I do fancy something a little more sporty like a CBR but the Hornet ticks all the boxes for me so I'm in no rush to sell. Fast enough to keep up with most, a lot of people are surprised at how quick the Hornet is, it handles really well (I've not fallen of yet) and is reliable with plenty of spares or mods around if that's what you want.

Could do a lot worse, I nearly bought a nail of a Bandit to get around on, so glad I paid an extra few £'s for my Hornet!

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Rating? 2/10

Ha Ha.  All I could afford was an ancient GSX 250.

Geez, it was kn*ckered.  The engine was ok, but I had to replace loads of stuff.

Still.  Paid £200 for it, thrashed it, and sold it 9 months later for £450, and bought a CBR600.  :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

Hornet

Great bike, and fast enough for a newbie

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

race bike on the road

RG5

Had to work the engine a little bit to keep up with other large capacity bikes but found I was running in to corners quite hot (oh sh*t, oh sh*t oh sh*t!!). Found out a few weeks later it had been up geared for top end. Reset the gearing and could blitz round most things then.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices