Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Yamaha YZF-R125 review First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Yamaha YZF-R125 review

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Yamaha YZF-R125 review

Not surprisingly the Yamaha YZF-R125 has been a massive sale success for the japanese firm. It combines sharp sportsbike looks with a reliable and user-friendly 4-stroke motor. Find a 125 for sale Watch the video for our review of Yamaha's practical R6-styled 125.    But how does the YZF-R125 compare to the competition? To find out we're testing it against the Honda CBR125R...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (25 June 2010 10:52)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

4 GRAND???

Its time to get a RS125.... same price and lets face it, MILLION TIMES BETTER

Reply to this Topic
darren636

Jun 09

darren636 says:

here here! rs125 is the way

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

remember when 125 used to be cheap 4 grand sod that

is a nice sized bike for a 125 but rs is far better and another thing the cbr125 is a peice of crap it looks like a pedal bike bring back the old nsr

Reply to this Topic
Premises187

Jun 09

Premises187 says:

R125 Racers

I had a guy trying to race me on one of these things.
My sumo has more than double his torq & horse :/

Reply to this Topic
BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

no

chance at 4 grand, and why do they always show the bike going around the corner when its got its speed up?

would like to see it set off, and see how sluggish it is.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Nice but 4K

Looks fantastic but just under 4K for a 125 ! Would like to see them produce a 250 & 400cc model for similar sort of money.Not going to happen though so no point thinking about it but just imagine what if.

Reply to this Topic
leemt2112

Aug 09

leemt2112 says:

i cant see why anybody would get one of these, theyr so sluggish compared to my rs 125. my aprilia was cheaper, looks better, because its not trying to look like a bigger bike, they should be comparing these to rs 125s because thats what its got to beat. No point in it looking like a sports bike when its as flat as a fart.

Reply to this Topic
jpp01uk

May 10

jpp01uk says:

Yamaha YZF-R125 review

I had one of these before passing my DAS.

The reason I chose it was due to its size. I'm not a small person, and the Mito, Aprilia RS125 and CBR125 were like childrens toys. So small, dinky and ultimately like push bikes. Imagine an elephant riding a unicycle and you have the look!

It was quick enough, looked nice and was very reliable. If you want a quick bike, pass your test and buy something with a proper engine attached to it. These are not about speed.

I bought mine second hand, I wouldn't have bought it new. Yamaha have put the price up this year across their R range, and the R125 was not excluded. This makes them very expensive for a 125.

I sold it after a year, with 4000 miles more on the clock for only £100 less than I bought it a year before. I don't think that is a bad deal. I also sold it very quickly due to its popularity.

My biggest issue with this bike was riding it after passing my test. The front end felt like it had no grip, no weight over it to hold it down. Roundabouts become terrifying experiences because it felt like the front would wash out. I had not noticed this until riding a much larger bike.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices