Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati quit WSB World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Ducati quit WSB

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Ducati quit WSB

Ducati will quit WSB at the end of the season it has announced in a press release issued today. The Italian company says it will focus its technical resources on product development and will therefore not compete in the 2011 WSB series with a factory team. The press release stated: Ducati, having participated with a factory team in every edition of the World...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (27 August 2010 14:36)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gapster68

Jul 09

gapster68 says:

Sick of all the so called excuses.They cannot afford to race in world superbikes and pay Valentino Rossi 20 million euros a year simple fact why dont they tell the truth instead of all the excuses.Yamaha did exactly the same with the works supersports team this year.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Shame , but good riddance

OK so they supported WSB but when its gets tough they f**k off, so bloddy good riddance .The writing was on the wall early on when it became obvious they had competition from the fours.The rules were bent for them on many occasions but enough is enough they are now just also rans, so good riddance .

Reply to this Topic
supermono690

Sep 10

supermono690 says:

Ducati

All good things come to an end but its sad for whatever reason Ducati are leaving WSB.

As a Ducati owner [848] I now hope that Ducati can back up their excellent bike with some proper spares supply. Myself and all the other 848 owners are waiting upto 3 months for spare parts and this is not acceptable. I have spoken to Ducati UK and their responce was very poor. They just blame the dealer and this is not right. They make a comprehensive performance parts catalogue but fail to supply these parts in any type of reasonable time scale. I tried to contact Ducati in Italy via their website but it didnt work.

I have a choice which manufacturer I buy from. Will I ever buy another Duke? Its upto you Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
marchwitty

Sep 10

marchwitty says:

Rossi is the problem, I'm not a fan of his nor ever have been.  They will need to find the money from some where, so how better than to pull out of WSBK.  Their loss, the sales they have gotten from WSBK spectators after winning so many championships is incredible.  They are a small factory and can't on a good day even in a recession beat the bigger teams, in the amount of money they pore into development of the bike.

If you look at the sales after Carl Fogarty won 4 championships and almost single handedly made biking popular again in the UK.

Will Rossi do the same for the World audience, there is no denying he is marketable, is a talented rider, but will he be able to shift bikes, which is what Ducati what at the end of the day!

Let's see how many sales, they get from a development bike.  Rossi is marketable,

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

Knew something was amiss..

Didnt think it was this!!

Haga got wind of something wrong and put him off his game early in the season. 

Checa was an odd signing, seemed to be doing hellish well for a private team, now we know why, they swear the team to secrecy sign a rider also on secrecy, give him factory engines in a privateer bike, he lifts himself ahead of the works bikes and they announce they are pulling out!!   They go hey it isnt so bad look what Checa can do, wait until they get our full support next year.

Checas bike was the same speed as Hagas on the straight when it was in front.

Meanwhile Byrne and the other privateer Ducati riders are made to look stupid.

They take us for fools, knew there was something fishy about this Checa thing, also funny he had a couple of engine problems when he was doing to well, if he had led the championship that would have sent alarm bells to even the most optimistic fan.

Haga, us and Byrne have been had.

Reply to this Topic
justacardriver

Mar 10

NORI should ditch the snail logo bad juju

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool