Skip to content

Discuss This Harley-Davidson offer extended warranties this weekend New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Harley-Davidson offer extended warranties this weekend

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

Harley-Davidson offer extended warranties this weekend

Harley Davidson are offering a 2-year extension to the warranty on all new motorcycles purchased between 1 October and 30 November. Find a used Harley Davidson for sale This extension comes in addition to the existing two-year mechanical and cosmetic guarantee. HD spokesman Ignacio Isusi said: “This extension of our warranty terms is a reflection of the confidence we have in the quality...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (28 September 2010 17:16)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tl1000kid

Aug 02

tl1000kid says:

I think it's about time all new bikes had at least a three year warranty.

Reply to this Topic
shuggiemac63

Jun 10

shuggiemac63 says:

H-D Warranty

If they had that much confidence in the product then they would make the extended warranty a standard. The motorcycle industry needs to wake up to this fact and take a lead from the car people. Kia, Hyundai and now Vauxhall all offer long warranties as standard. On a bike it should be a no brainer, for a vehicle used, in the main, a whole lot less than your average car.

Reply to this Topic
anthonyo

Feb 04

anthonyo says:

What is the point of Harley extending their warranty. They dont honor the warranty that they've already got.

I've owned Harley's for over twenty years but I just sold my latest one due to the bike rusting & falling apart.  Also i recieved very poor service from the dealer (Riders) & no assistance from Harley.

Ive now bought a Honda from Thunderroad in Bridgend & recieved excellent customer service, they actually care about their customers. A novel experience after coming from Harley.

Reply to this Topic
sparkind

Aug 10

sparkind says:

Really? Not from my experience!

Just to be clear, and according to Harley-Davidson's own web site, this promotion only covers new 2010 model-year bikes purchased between 1st October and 30th November 2010.

I recently purchased a 2010 model-year Harley-Davidson softail, which I paid for on 30th September 2010; less than 24-hours before this 2-year extended warranty promotion started. My bike was registered in early October.

The dealer said that my bike didn't qualify for this promotion as, technically, it was purchased the day before the promotion began.  I contacted Harley-Davidson Customer Support to ask them if they would include my bike as a gesture of goodwill, as I had missed the promotion by just one day, and I hadn't been made aware of it by the dealer.  I received the following reply from the Customer Services Manager, and I quote:

'The Model year goes from September to September so if you bought a brand new bike in September the bike would be a MY11 bike, regardless if the bike’s model was carried on from MY10 or was bought in 2010! '

How does that work then?!

It's clear to me that Harley-Davidson have no intention of offering a goodwill gesture on my bike, but of even more concern is that their Customer Services Manager believes that a 2010 bike - if purchased in the new 2011 model year, ie, September - automatically becomes a 2011 model year bike!

I would love to know if anyone actually qualified for this promotion on a 2010 model year bike.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices