You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > truimph 675se exhaust system

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

kisersozaye

Jul 08

kisersozaye says:

truimph 675se exhaust system

hay i bought a truimph daytona 675se on an 8 plate with four and a half thousand miles on the clock and one years warrenty last year,i put just over a thousand miles on the clock,then noticed when i come back from the tt isle of man that it had become more grunty,i took it early for its firstservice upto six thousand miles,and the guys found that an inlet valve within the exhaust system had rusted into the open position,if it hadnt it would not have been ridable,this inlet valve is only t keep the exhaust quit and opens within line with the throttle and has a solinoid connector to open it,which is operated by the ecu,which now passists to show me the engine managment light at all times,most bikes dont need this inlet vave within the exhaust,but apparently according to truimph machanics(when my warrenty run out)clame that i will need a new exhaust system or this will effect the bikes performance which will cause it to drink more petrol and be needing fuel mapping until its replaced,which i beleive on an exhaust system designed to last ten years is a joke,because the expense is redicules for what is practically a brand new bike with still less than 6000 miles and been kept indoors most the time,so can anyone help me,because im starting to reckon that i should findsomeone with the truimph codes to full map my bike and program the ecu to be rideable without an inlet valve within the exhaust,which truimph clame is not possible,were as if you buy a zx9r b2 model like my last bike which had the same exhaust exxus on it for 13 years,which did not have any ecu or inlet valve within the exhaust still had the same power to delievery and fuel econimy from the time it was new,so any advice people?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (11 October 2010 20:23)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gsxr600k5

Oct 09

gsxr600k5 says:

Im sure there was a recall for the 675 exhaust?? maybe see another dealer and tell them whats happend.

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

There was no recall, Triumph dont believe in recalls.

But I had the same problem with mine. I mentioned it to a dealer who said they would put a warranty claim in for it, even though the bike was a year out of warranty and had covered 17,000 miles.

The dealer said it was a common problem that Triumph know about.  They upheld the warranty and got a new exhaust and motor in for it to be replaced.... Unfortunately my engine blew up before I got a chance to get the bike to the shop.  I then sold the heap of shite! :mad:

Dont take no for an answer. It wont cost your dealer anything to sort it out, and like I said, they know there is a problem with them....  Along with oil starvation problems and rectifier problems... Which they re-design on the newer bikes, but are adament the changes are not because there is anything wrong in the first place... Liars!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices