Skip to content

Discuss This Dealer who folded owing thousands did same thing in the 90s General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Dealer who folded owing thousands did same thing in the 90s

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Dealer who folded owing thousands did same thing in the 90s

The director of a motorcycle dealership that went bust owing customers thousands previously owned another bike showroom which folded in similar circumstances. Police are investigating allegations of theft and fraud following the collapse of Roger Constable’s latest venture, Midlands Superbikes in Market Harborough, Leicestershire. Customers say the business failed to return bikes which had been taken in for repairs or servicing. Up...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (15 November 2010 09:49)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
firebirdharris

Aug 09

bought a bike off them

about 14months ago, I never had a problem with them and i had it serviced there as well after 6 months. Does make you wonder though, i'll probably buy privately next time....

Reply to this Topic
jackojones

Aug 02

jackojones says:

OMG!!!

I am shocked and saddened to learn of what happened to Midland Motorcycles, but not surprised. I am so sorry to hear that people had entrusted their bikes to this man and have either lost them or their money. I had dealings with Roger in the past, and being told to get my bike out of his garage on Christmas Eve without explanation (well apart from his verbal abuse) when I was leaving the country a few days later was a bitter pill to swallow, but in hindsight I was lucky!...So, I can only suggest that people go to a proper garage, like Spenders Motorcycles in Kibworth. I have used them for 11 years and both Nathan and Richard the mechanic are top blokes, look after you and treat you with respect.

Reply to this Topic
jono916

Apr 10

jono916 says:

stressed1

that was perfect, if i had the ability to write down how i feel about this article and the country that would be exactly right!

Reply to this Topic
jono916

Apr 10

jono916 says:

stressed1

that was perfect, if i had the ability to write down how i feel about this article and the country that would be exactly right!

Reply to this Topic
toadhancocks

Oct 10

toadhancocks says:

New Zealand looks more appealing every second!!

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Midlands superbikes

As this fella seems to be a serial c*** i reckon what he deserves is a bit of a slap for starters.

Reply to this Topic
simonclippo

May 09

simonclippo says:

Midlands Superbikes

Living locally, I heard a few rumours going around in Sept / Oct, and I noticed there were no 'exotic' (MV & Ducati etc) bikes on show a couple of weeks before the shop shut, as if they had all been removed, or all sold by some coincidence of timing. I had good and bad experiences, when I bought a bike from Roger and Clive they managed to get a load of recall work done at no charge to me under warranty, which I appreciated; when they sold a bike for me they kept telling me it wasn't sold when I phoned, or was out on a test run or was in the workshop when I called in. Finally when I received a traffic offence letter from DVLA it was obvious someone was riding it around, so they stopped fobbing me off and sent me a cheque. But as another comment said, they had earlier asked me to drop the price by a couple of hundred to help sell the bike, which I agreed to,  when it must have already been sold for the asking price. I had the last laugh though, as soon afterwards the bike needed a load of work doing for the new owner, so I guess I was lucky. Ok final point, this highlights the whole issue of putting your bike in a dealer's on a sale or return basis, this is a real grey area, especially if you give them the V5, spare keys and all docs, that leaves you at risk if the shop closes; maybe just give them a photocopy of the V5? MCN could dig deeper into this as a dealer could be tempted by the amount of cash available - did someone say 20 bikes were on sale or return? Let's say at an average of £5k each that's big bucks - thanks and hasta la vista

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

@ TrumpetTriple

Oh how I wish I could tell you the full story--this started in the late 80s ffs--but I wouldnt want to drop MCN in the shite--even if I dont buy it any more :-))))

Reply to this Topic
HerbertChapman

Sep 10

Mr Fomncu

I f you have a tale to tell then, fer fux sake tell it and stop fannying around with suggestive hints about being in the know. Exactly how would you be dropping MCN in the shite unless they had somehow vouched for this bloke?

Grow some bollocks and say what you have to say

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

@Herbert

mate--its called subjudice--the report indicates its in the hands of the legal authorities and therefore not to be discussed in public--or printed in the press--so if MCN printed it they could be in the poo-anyway the editor has been availed of the case back in the late 80s and the outcome as have the relevent offiicers involved in investigating the allegations of this latest case against Roger Constable--put it like this-if I had known that he had opened up this place in Leics I would have sent out warnings--believe you me :-(

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices