Skip to content

Discuss This Kawasaki ZX-10R first ride update - 'a formidable weapon' First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Kawasaki ZX-10R first ride update - 'a formidable weapon'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Trevor Franklin  says:

Kawasaki ZX-10R first ride update - 'a formidable weapon'

MCN’s Chief Road Tester Trevor Franklin is Qatar at the world launch of Kawasaki’s new ZX-10R. He’s just completed a day’s riding and sent this report. Find a Kawasaki ZX-10R for sale “Evening has descended upon the Losil circuit, and with it the temperature has dropped to a more relaxing 28 degrees.     “The new Kawasaki ZX-10R has shown that it is a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (18 November 2010 16:24)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hardrock

Dec 04

hardrock says:

Kawasaki Pricing

At these prices, why would you choose a ZX-10R over a BMW? There does not appear to be sufficient benefits to warrant dropping standards unless you are just green through and through.

Reply to this Topic
RichieRotten

Oct 05

RichieRotten says:

Nice but

expensive. Glad the green machine as produced a quality machine - but pricey - what has happened to cheap affordable fun bikes ???? Technology is ok but bikes are now becoming so sophisticated that I think I may start looking to the past for my next one and not to the future - also bet it is a bugger for the home service guy.

Reply to this Topic
svdv

Sep 10

svdv says:

£1000 for ABS?

Seems a bit steep..

Reply to this Topic
ergf

Feb 09

ergf says:

wonder

if the report would have been more glowing it had been a triumph
Got to agree seems a lot for a bike

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

ABS Price?

It's high because it's a race specific ABS system much like the Honda CBR1000RR.  Not like the ABS on a touring rig.

As to why pick this over a BMW RR?  BMW has a known widespread problem with their transmission gears crumbling and BMW knows it but aren't doing anything about it besides billing the owner for $1500 of repairs.  Also, BMW parts are ridiculously expensive.  Total cost of ownership beyond the purchase price is completely unreasonable IMO.  And I've ownly owned two.  The 2nd is my last.

Reply to this Topic
slimshany

Jul 09

slimshany says:

yawn..

give me the new tuono any day!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
corbie

Aug 02

corbie says:

Franklins eyesight

“The new Kawasaki ZX-10R has shown that it is a formidable weapon. Although it looks similar to the original 2004 ZX-10R, it is a considerably more refined machine”

Looks similar???? Christ, you'll need to lay off the drink the night before you out testing new bikes Franklin!

It looks f*** all like the original 2004 model which is one of the best looking 1000cc sports bikes ever built. I'm a Kawasaki fan but the looks of this new model would put me right off even considering one...and as for the price......think the Europeans are gonna steal a lot of sales away from the Japs if this is the direction they're taking in the styling department.

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

dont care

looks mega well done kwaka, just hope it is usable for it pilots

me i just bought an rsv4r so dont care too much

Reply to this Topic
Jimhas7even

Jul 09

Jimhas7even says:

Looks promising...

Cracking looking bike IMO with all the latest technology added on I say good luck with it Kawasaki. I hope it runs at the front regularly in the 2011 race season. You might shift a few to more than just the die hards then but...

At 12K its priced competitively with the rest I guess but still (As they all are) a bit much though IMO. I mean I go buy a brand new ZX10R in June 2009 for around 9K with all the usual add on extras (Worth about 1.1K) 18 months later you add on 30% to what you could have paid in 2009. All this in a recession too, lucky me for buying when I did I guess!

At these current prices I wont be buying new again any time soon though...

Reply to this Topic
cardiology

May 05

cardiology says:

X2Glider

Yeah, you're right. The gearbox on the BMW has plenty of 'character'. And the service costs are astro-bloody-nomical. And it belts out hot ir straight onto your legs.

I still love it, though. A brilliant bike. The ZX10R has never been the 'top' bike (whatever that means) and will always lose out in sales to the R1, blade and Gixer thou. Now it's a couple of grand more expensive than those Jap rivals. It better be good on the road, or Kawasaki will be taking a bath with this one.

All the talk out of Kwak has been about winning at WSB level. That doesn't help when you're on the B345 and the bloody thing's trying to spit you off. I love kawasakis, but this seems like another incidence of the Japs dropping the ball.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices