Skip to content

Discuss This Michael Laverty joins Hill at Swan Yamaha British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Michael Laverty joins Hill at Swan Yamaha

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Michael Laverty joins Hill at Swan Yamaha

Michael Laverty will join Tommy Hill in Shaun Muir’s new-look Swan Yamaha team for the 2011 BSB season. The team will have factory Yamaha R1s and Laverty told MCN: “I genuinely thought I’d be staying with the TAS team I rode for this year. "Originally I talked with Shaun about Hondas and was interested because I knew how good the bikes and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (24 November 2010 10:04)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fixer2

Jun 09

fixer2 says:

Think both riders are been a bit optimistic really the R1 in recent years has been poor on the roads and in BSB but perhaps with the factory backing they can make the bike win if anyone can surely m.laverty and t.hill have shots at race victories although think hm plant still team to beat next year though.

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

Interesting...

This team knows how to prepare a good stable bike, now they have a Yamaha which does not have a favoured team above them it will be interesting to see if they can raise it that little more.

Kiyo and Byrne will take some beating though, they are no mugs.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Agree Windy. Even with a lot of testing they are likely to be playing catch up with HM Plant all season and as you say they won't be easy to catch.

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

cheers

The other unknown is just how good the Suzuki is, we assume that Hill, Laverty and Haslam in WSBK did not quite have the bike, but what happens if Brookes gets on it and looks brilliant?

Reply to this Topic
SUTTYGP

Oct 08

SUTTYGP says:

Not sure...

if this is a good move or not for Laverty. TAS seemed to pitch it quite well this year, both riders in the shoot-out, and didn't panic when the year started out with a few bad results.  Added ego-boost of having works backing now.  Shaun Muirs team on the other hand seem unable to find good set up on a regular basis, and that's been with Hondas, how they going to cope with Yamahas that would seem to be much more fickle machines.  Yes, they had injury woes this year, but I think that they have under performed the last few years.  I really hope Tommy and Michael do well, at least Muir has gone for two Brits, but for either to be champion the team is really going to have to raise its game.   

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

WHAT TO DO IS

Get all the input you can from Rob Crap at  "whatsthepointyamaha" and throw it in the bin !!! If these bikes and the team are "honest" then they will put Yamaha back in the hunt GSE style, nuff said !

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

K THEY COME

I still think, and hope, the Kawasaki , will be the bike to beat.

Plus , of course, its the best colour !

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices