Skip to content

Discuss This Rea completes successful first day onboard Honda RCV212 in Sepang World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Rea completes successful first day onboard Honda RCV212 in Sepang

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Rea completes successful first day onboard Honda RCV212 in Sepang

Jonathan Rea has completed his first day of testing onboard the Honda RCV212V in Sepang. After spending yesterday at the circuit adjusting foot rest and handlebar positions, Rea completed 51 laps today -  his first ever laps onboard a MotoGP bike. The current Ten Kate Honda WSB rider had to adapt to carbon brakes, Bridgestone tyres and an all new circuit...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (14 December 2010 17:04)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
martyn23

Mar 09

martyn23 says:

Jonathon

is a cert for Moto GP in 2012 if he does well in WSB.Honda arnt stupid.We need more than one British rider in Moto GP and Rea is the man for me.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

500/990 Season

Looking back to the 2003 season only the works teams ran the 990s. The Satellite teams all ran the 500s for one more year. We will probably see the same in 2012 with plenty of 800s still on the grid. This could well be the bike Rea will be riding in 2012.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I don't think so CH987

Not in today's age of limited engines. Not ruling it out but I doubt such a scenario. Factory supported satellite teams will run the capacity of the works teams be that 800's, 930's, 999's or any other incarnation they come up with. That's not to say that if one factory struggles with their new capacity machine to match the lap times of their 800's they won't dust of an 800 for a few G.P's! Then again perhaps you are right and the factories might hedge their bets with the satellite teams. After all it's the manufacturer's crown that's the most important to them. 

The 990's destroyed 500 lap times straight up - not that anyone was sure this would happen. 2012 with the regs as they stand will not be so clear cut as to the superiority of a larger capacity machine over an 800. It shall be very interesting to see what all the big hitters come out with. Max of four cylinders, 81mm bore though - so that blows away the fanciful wishes for V5,6's and 8''s as once mooted.

Talked myself out of that one!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

2002/3 season I should of said.

And there where still a few 500s at the end. Barros got one but Loris didn't. I still think we may see a few 800s on the grid though. Why not put a rookie like Rea on a proven bike for his first year.

Reply to this Topic
mrblistershifter

Jan 10

Great !

I'd back Rea  over Crutchlow anytime !

Reply to this Topic
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

HONDA THINKING AHEAD

After a very barren run without a crown to show for all their expense and development (notwithstanding Nicky Haden) since the acrimonious departure of Valentino, Honda have been seriously wounded. So it is no coincidence with the capture of Casey from the mighty red factory they are still looking to the future for possible championship winning Pilots. Enter one Jonathan Rea the real deal and a young rider of immense talent. I believe he has the ability to be a future Alien and it gets even better as he is one of our very own. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

Can you imagine it ...

You're a hot young rider with a great future and the World at your feet ... then Honda Europe call and say, " be at Sepang, Malaysia ASAP to ride the latest iteration of the RCV212 " - sub-150 kg/325 lb's and 227 hp.  Young Mr Rea must think he's died and gone to heaven to get so much track and seat time on this fabulous beast, even if he is not anywhere near full fitness. If I was he - you'd have to cart me off to a Plastic Surgeon to have the maniacal smile removed from my dial ...

Does anyone else notice that HRC are " grooming " and getting themselves " positioned " with young future talent ? There can be no doubt that they are " over " their conspicuous years-long run of lack of success. By a confluence of chance, it transpires that 3 of the 4 " Aliens " have had EXACTLY the same number of starts in the 4 x seasons of 800cc MotoGP to date - 67 each to Rossi, Stoner and Pedrosa. Of those 67 - Stoner has Won 23 x races and got 42 podiums, Rossi 21 Wins and 47 Podiums - and Hond'as No 1 " Works " rider, Pedrosa just 10 Wins and 39 Podiums. The stats don't lie. Work it out for yourself. Cheers

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices