Skip to content

Discuss This Motorcyclists half as likely to drink-drive General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Motorcyclists half as likely to drink-drive

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Motorcyclists half as likely to drink-drive

Bikers are half as likely as other road users to drink-drive, according to the Motorcycle Industry Association. Figures show that only 1.4% of riders tested after an accident failed a breathalyzer, compared to 2.7% of all road user casualties. An MCI spokesman said: “Although motorcyclists are half as likely as car drivers to take the risk of drinking and driving, the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (17 December 2010 15:44)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Sanjuricus

Apr 09

Sanjuricus says:

If you are going to drive....don't drink.

If you have had a drink....don't drive.

IT'S LITERALLY THAT SIMPLE!!!

It's not rocket science yet people still do it and still screw there lives up as well as the lives of those who fall victim to their stupidity. I have absolutely zero respect, tolerance or sympathy for drink drivers.

Reply to this Topic
LEO61

Aug 08

LEO61 says:

Drink/Ride

People tend to forget about the next day, if there is any doubt, leave the bike at home !!!!

Reply to this Topic
Ridefree

Jun 08

Ridefree says:

Last Xmas a car went through a very prominent red light in front of me on a main road and screeched to a stop after the junction. Then, 5 mins later, approaching a very large grass roundabout on a dual carriageway, there was an old red Fiesta driving very slowly in front of me - he didn't even brake but drove straight over the roundabout and continued straight on! Hic!

So it's easier to drink and drive in a car, there's even a drinks holder near the handbrake.!

I never drink at all when going on the bike, my reflexes are slow enough as it is! Except once, as a teenager - 2 pints of lager and a ride home at night, with the throttle pinned, trying to stay  on the road between the nearside and offside walls. I know - words don't describe it.

Merry Xmas, anyway.

Reply to this Topic
antimagneto

Jun 09

antimagneto says:

No wonder

Drinking and riding usually means you fall off, and it hurts. Trouble is, you can't fall off a car so in the mind of a dd it's just a legal issue..... Worse still is a HGV driver, piloting a 40 ton artic which hit a bridge near our works. You guessed, he was over the limit. Can you imagine the potential carnage had he have hit pedestrians instead???

Reply to this Topic
jmr1975

Dec 10

jmr1975 says:

all i can say to this article is i'm just glad the traffic cops don't park up a mile along the road from rally sites on sunday mornings... that would be a dead cert way to get the drink driving numbers up a bit!

Reply to this Topic
mrblistershifter

Jan 10

Hey !

I'll drink to that !

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle