You are in... Forums > General > General > Driving licence picture renewal

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

dohc

May 09

dohc says:

Driving licence picture renewal

DVLA want me to either go to a post office or send my licence back to them with a new picture because the pic is now 10 years old.

If you renew at the post office do you have to give up your old licence ?

I'm afraid to hand my existing licence over until I get my new one because of all the mess ups with motorcycle entitlement being missed off.

Has anyone had any experience of this ?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 January 2011 19:15)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sad500

Dec 07

sad500 says:

Sent mine off

for renewal yesterday.  I went to the local DVLA office and asked for it to be photocopied, stamped and signed by the chap who took it off me.

He wasnt best pleased and was pretty pissed off I had asked for this to be done but fuck em Im not prepared to lose my bike entitlement coz of their bad admin.

Ive now got a photocopy of my licence signed and stamped by the feckers, if it comes back minus my entitlement ive got em by the goolies :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Lost Mine

I genuinely lost mine about 3 years ago.  Had to cancel all the cards in my purse - pain the butt.

Got a new licence, everything was ok - thank goodness.

3 months later - purse turns up.  So...  I now have 2 copies, for the next time I have to send one off!

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Renewed mine - no problems

Took a photograph of the whole thing, all sides (in RAW format, because that's a lot more genuine and much harder to fake than jpgs), and sent it off to the DVLA.

Had it back in a few days - literally, they were really quick - not a problem anywhere.

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

I don't blame you for not trusting them

I had to retake my test a few years back. I only sent mine off to get the address changed.

It cost me a lot of money even though I only needed a 30 minute refresher to get used to the training school 125, as I failed the test twice. First time for speeding (didn't spot a speed limit change from 40 down to 30, so fair enough) and the second time I got lost andthe examiner gave up and went back to the test centre. That took a lot of living down.

Then I had to have the Harley restricted for two years as the training school couldn't find a bike I could touch the ground on so no direct access. Try explaining that to your insurance company.

All in the past now, but not a happy time. You are right not to trust them, although I think they now accept proof of photo copies etc.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices