Skip to content

Discuss This Which manufacturer has the best bike range? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Which manufacturer has the best bike range?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

Which manufacturer has the best bike range?

In next week's MCN, technical expert Kevin Ash discusses how Kawasaki has methodically rejuvenated its range of bikes, so that it now has an impressive model in almost every category. Find a Kawasaki for sale So if you were to rate each of the major manufacturers' ranges, who would come out top? Here's a quick summary of how they stack up...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (14 January 2011 14:17)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
forklift

Apr 08

forklift says:

What bike to replace with...

SNEV:

Try the BKing, WoW...

Reply to this Topic
Rowdygimly

Jan 09

Rowdygimly says:

Does it matter ?

Why does it matter,you buy the bike you like or suits your needs why should it it be manufacturer specific?

I buy what I like and that bike does what I need it to do,I dont care what manufacturer it is.

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

The best range?

Well speaking as a long time Yamaha fan..

My vote is:

Joint 1st: Kawasaki and Triumph.

2nd: Suzuki

3rd: Honda

4th Yamaha

5th Ducati

6th BMW

Reply to this Topic
Kescheng

May 06

Kescheng says:

BMW

Well they all generally have something good. Honda clearly covers all the categories - but that does not make a great range does it? Most of their bikes are instantly forgettable. Yamaha have lost it big time with huge unjustified prices and generally not great bikes. The big surprise over the last few years is just how good and how well Kawasaki have done. However at the moment I think for all round interest, price and innovation then it has to be a European marque. For me that's the toss up between BMW and Triumph and as much as I hate to say it I think that BMW have more bases covered with generally better or equal products. If Triumph were to make a decent superbike then they would get my vote, however with such a large omission I have to go BMW.

Reply to this Topic
jon66

Feb 09

jon66 says:

havent a clue

im lost i never seem to know what is best range , reviews are so varied , and if i look personally at what manufacturer has most suited to my needs and i like looks etc best i end up thinkin - what the hell  . so guess my input dont count for much . one thing i always look at now is as an all year round commuter im looking for an economical bike that has enough power but dont need to be a flyin machine and not too many bikes meet those needs now , especially as cars MPG is gettin so much better , yet bikes arent :blink:

Reply to this Topic
toshibaz

Mar 10

toshibaz says:

v-strom

DL 1000 v-strom....isnt it in line with Varadero and Multistada?

Reply to this Topic
tomlloydy

Mar 09

tomlloydy says:

Ducati 1198

Isn't in the top three superbikes? and the ER 6n is considered better than the hornet?

Reply to this Topic
dm1992

Oct 10

dm1992 says:

Missing?

What about scooters and supermotos? And not forgetting aprilia!!! RSV4, Tuono, Dorso and the RS125 to name a few.

Reply to this Topic
Darowyn

Mar 05

Darowyn says:

Count them!

Most have five red entries, Kawasaki have seven.  So according to MCN, Kawasaki are best.

You answer your own question.

Cheers

Dave

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

Kwak er6n

hi Tomlloydy,

i'd say the kwak er6n is a better bike than the hornet because the Honda WILL break down.

it's obvious to anyone who's ridden a Honda recently that Honda are currently investing in a programme to increase their proffits (or stay profitable) by reducing quality / materials / finish etc. Kwak are not.

take the ZX10R recall recently, Kwak stood up and acknowledged there was an issue and fixed it.  Honda wouldn't have bothered. Remember the VFR gearbox issues over the last 15 years? Honda should have recalled them all but made the decision to try and cover it up. well they couldn't cover it up with dissatisfied owners could they?

Therefore even though the Hornet may be quicker and may handle slightly better, the Kwak is in my opinion a better bike.

but really, what does the range offered by a manufacturer matter when choosing a bike? i wouldn't buy a sportsbike from one particular manufacturer because they also offered a good cruiser and big trailee too.. or am I missing something?

Baz

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices