Skip to content

Products Product review: GB Racing R1 engine cover set Parts & accessories

You are in... Forums > Products > Parts & accessories > Product review: GB Racing R1 engine cover set

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Adam Child  says:

Product review: GB Racing R1 engine cover set

GB Racing R1 engine cover set (alternator, generator and clutch cover), £139.48Miles covered/time: 20,000/two years What’s good: These GB Racing secondary engine covers saved my expensive R1 engine in a recent spill. Without them, I’m convinced my bike would have been a write-off, meaning a costly repair, and more than likely a new engine. The protectors performed perfectly, there’s no damage to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (03 February 2011 10:25)

Post a message in Parts & accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bigfoot68

Feb 09

bigfoot68 says:

Case covers

Such a good idea. Had some R&G case sliders fitted to my blade which saved the engine. Can't remember how much they were but loads cheaper.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

A slow speed drop (10-20mph) wrote off my ZZR600, as the engine case bolt ripped a lump out of the CRANKCASE.

Thankfully, it was weldable, but it wrote off a £3500 bike. Which I then bought back for £500 and rebuilt it for another £500.

If it has case protectors, they might have prevented all this.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices