You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Honda CBX 750 poor running

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

mjef1981

Feb 11

mjef1981 says:

Honda CBX 750 poor running

Hi, I have a 1986 Honda CBX750F which is leaving me stumped. It starts absolutely fine and runs ok for a few minutes, then it runs rough, the power starts dropping, it won't rev and cuts out if the throttle isn't held open. It will restart again immediately but is very rough and dies when trying to pull away. If it is left overnight, it will start and run fine again for a few minutes until the problems set in again. I have had the carbs apart and cleaned them completely and also checked the fuel lines are clear, cleaned the fuel tank filter and put fresh fuel in but to no avail. All hoses seem to be connected and in good condition. The bike has a non standard exhaust and K&N air filters. Any help would be much appreciated.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 February 2011 22:34)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

sounds like carbs again to me

try draining the float bowls with someone holding the bike up vertical and catch the petrol in a aerosol lid if you get muck out repeat this again to wash em out .........hope this helps o.t.g. 

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

restarts

Welcome with a problem,does it restart immediately without choke?Can it run with choke only?When you try your best to keep it running and it stops,have you whipped a plug out to see if it`s wet with petrol or not? As Oscar says it sounds short of petrol. 

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

sounds to me

like there is crap in the float bowls  and when its running its blocking the jets but when its left it settles to the bottom of the carbs  i have had this problem my self

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices