Skip to content

Discuss This New Buell 1190RS superbike – first look New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Buell 1190RS superbike – first look

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

New Buell 1190RS superbike – first look

Erik Buell Racing has finally given us a complete look at the new 1190RS sportsbike which will be shown in public this weekend in America. The bike promises to be the first new road-legal machine produced by the innovative designer, Erik Buell, since parent company Harley-Davidson pulled the plug on Buell Motorcycles at the end of 2009. It should be more than...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 February 2011 10:07)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jackojones

Aug 02

jackojones says:

mmmm!

I have to say it looks like a Ducati 999 at the front and a ZX10 at the back... nice looking, never rode a Buell, but hope it goes like it looks! :)

Reply to this Topic
mrblistershifter

Jan 10

Right on.....

.......Lightning Boy !!!  Shame on you Arthurbikemad !!  Eric Buell is one of the great engineers of our time. His innovations and ideas have always been 2 steps ahead of everyone else.  Not unlike the great John Brittan, he has always followed a different path, creating new and different designs.  Now, free of Harley Davidson, he is free to do as he wishes. Cant wait to see what he comes up with.....

Reply to this Topic
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

What a fantastic looking bike, it looks brilliant in black but I reckon it's one of those bikes you could paint any colour and it would still look exceptional. Well done Eric, can't wait to hear it. 

Reply to this Topic
arthurbikemad

Aug 07

Yes I am sorry about my blunt comment, my brother in law has a XB12 and a mate had the 9, I rode the 1125CR and was SHOCKED how loose the bike was, massive speed wobbles on the power!!!  Very dangerouse!!  Whats more is his mate has another the same, both bikes were the same... Shocking!  So sorry Eric, but I do wish you luck now your are free to do your own work... Arthur.

Reply to this Topic
racinjetford

Nov 05

racinjetford says:

wow, I wish...

I owned an XB9R Firebolt and LOVED it. Although the handling was a little funky at first (I had to lean off a bit and weight the inside peg a lot to make it steer neutrally, holding it down in corners as it had a tendency to stand up, especially on the brakes). Once I swapped the tires for a taller/pointier profile tire, the handling was PHENOMENAL. Very neutral, unbelievable lean angle and corner speed with tons of feel for the front end. And I loved the belt drive since it eliminated off-to-on throttle transition mid-corner at full lean. Maybe just a little heavy steering, but very stable. Well, the dealer dropped it off their lift and bought an XB12R to replace it. It had beautiful torque and was awesome to ride through the tightest canyon roads since it pulled well right off the bottom. I just wished for the motor to continue on the same upward curve for another 3-4k rpm instead of slamming into the rev limiter right at 7k. The motor held back a great handling, fun to ride motorcycle. The 1125R probably had the exact (Rotax) engine I was wishing for, in a similar chassis, but from those hideous radiator pods forward to the massive and un-proportional upper fairing, I'd never get anywhere near the thing. Too bad, since it was the right bike at the right price, but with the wrong styling... This bike is the right bike and has beautiful styling, but I'm assuming the price will leave it in my dreams...

Reply to this Topic
racinjetford

Nov 05

racinjetford says:

ZTL front disc brakes

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I'm also now a believer in his ZTL front brake concept. With so much less unsprung weight, the suspension could keep the tire in good contact over the rough, ripply pavement and old asphalt that is everywhere down my local canyon road. The mechanical grip was always good, and allowed peg scraping through corners that terrified me on other bikes. Even with the brake fade issues with that old set up, it was worth it. With the bigger caliper and venting, I bet these brakes would be just fine. I'm drooling over this bike!!!

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

Looks Great

to me. This is the sort of bike that would be an occassion every time you throw a leg over it. If you have never ridden a BUELL  give it a go. Yes it,s different etc but it,s supposed to be about fun and that s what they are great fun. I think this new generation Buell with the Rotax engine will be something else . Again it won,t be a fire blade eater but then again on the road a big twin has it,s advantages and i,m sure the odd Buelligan will make a mockery of some UJM (universal Jap motorcycle). Looks like the black open face and goggles will be makin a come back.  LOL. For those BRITTEN fans that ,s one in my avatar. Thank god someone will produce some thing for all us twin and single fans.  Bring it on Eric.

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

Repeat after me....Erik with a K not Eric with a C...................Erik with a K not Eric with a C........................Erik with a K not Eric with a C........................................

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

By the way....................if anyone is in any doubt about the performance of this bike, the race bike in teh picture belongs to Pegasus Racing in Germany and beat all comers in a Superbike race at the end of 2010, including BMW S1000RR, Ducati 1198 etc etc etc :)

I just want to know who will be selling them in the UK and when :)

Reply to this Topic
DESMOHEAD

Aug 03

DESMOHEAD says:

EriKKK

I rode the 1200 Firebolt and the naked version back in 2005. I liked the feeling I got from the bikes but the lawn mower Harley lump ran out of puff miles too quick so I didn't bother placing an order. This new bike looks like it might do the business so will be worth a test ride.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices