Skip to content

Discuss This Supermarkets make bikes rough General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Supermarkets make bikes rough

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Nathan Lewis  says:

Supermarkets make bikes rough

Been only 17 you expect me to have not much money (correct) so I tend to find the cheapest deal, be it insurance, oil or fuel. Recently I went to get my bike checked because it was running a bit rough, only to be told not to buy supermarket fuel. So I took the advice on this and bought some fuel from...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (14 April 2011 14:13)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
garjon78

Jan 10

garjon78 says:

Loads of rubbish. Go back to school.

Reply to this Topic
gravelrashjr

Mar 11

gravelrashjr says:

im agreeing with garjon78 on this one.

I'll admit my bike doesnt prefer supermarket fuel but then the affect is so small it took me ages to realise

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

supermarket fuel

Avoid the stuff. Lower MPG means it's not cheaper in the long run.

Reply to this Topic
GazER6f

Mar 11

GazER6f says:

There's something in it

Since picking up my first bike about a month ago I've had sporadic problems with the fuel injection light coming on. In the first week, on Asda fuel it came on during nearly every ride out. After a week or so it stopped doing it so i assumed it just needed the cobwebs blowing of a sensor or 2 after a long time sat idle in a showroom. However, the light started coming on again this week. Is it a coincidence that I filled up at an Esso Garage last week (no problems) and this week I filled up again at Asda (Problem returns)??????

Reply to this Topic
bigbull

Jun 09

bigbull says:

SUPERMARKET FUEL

"Every little Helps" or DOES IT????

Not in the case of fuel, I was recently informed the majority if not all Supermarket Fuel comes straight off the Vessels at our ports Liverpool etc.

Your Shell Esso etc are all direct from their local refinaries.

That said seemingly according to the boffins the fuel from the blue chip fuel companies is more refined and the best suited for us motorcyclists.

So the decision is yours now and yours alone.

Happy Biking...

Reply to this Topic
daveire

Sep 10

daveire says:

I have been noticing that for years. I always fill at texaco €1.50 a litre here in ireland. Even the colour of the fuel is a clue of how refined it is. The petrol at texaco is a almost clear liquid while cheaper fuels are a yellowish colour. Have a look next time yer filling a jerry can, pour a little in a glass.

Also was having problems with my diesel car with cheaper fuel, the filter was getting clogged with dirt. It seams to be running better with texaco diesel.

Reply to this Topic
mark3evo

Mar 09

mark3evo says:

supermarket fuel

i have to disagree,i  use tesco and asda locally and premium brands when on rides and i see no difference on performance and smooth running and i monitor my fuel mpg from brim to brim.

on my last 3 bikes, all were fuel injected

all fuel is tested according to BS guidelines

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices