Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph Bonneville America - First Ride First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Triumph Bonneville America - First Ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Triumph Bonneville America - First Ride

The Bonneville America is Triumph's alternative take on the entry-level middleweight cruiser. The America pairs the Bonneville 800 engine and tubular steel twin loop/dual rear shock chassis with custom style forks, wheels, teardrop tank etc. From the saddle the America's friendly and welcoming. The seat height is so low no novice should be daunted; the riding position is easy and natural. Despite...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (20 April 2011 17:44)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

cashing in on a name?

Looks more like a dresser full of bricks than a Bonneville.

Reply to this Topic
eltomo

Dec 09

eltomo says:

yuck

what a pile of poo!

Reply to this Topic
stickywicket

Jul 10

stickywicket says:

First ride???

have they changed it, have I missed something? That's been around since Noah started planting trees hasn't it?

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Be careful!

The seat might be low but check out the distance to the footpegs. If you have short legs, you might find your legs stretched out straight, not comfy or safe. If you can adjust the pegs, great, but I don't think so. Try a test ride first.

Reply to this Topic
charlesq_70

Aug 07

charlesq_70 says:

Stop saying Bonnie, MCN

It's MCN that insists on using the Bonneville name. I'm pretty sure Triumph don't use it I'm relation to these bikes any more. I do think both this and the Speedmaster are different enough for 2011 to justify 'first rides'. On first impressions both bikes look better (even though the Speedmaster has lost a disc). Triumph's cruiser range is looking nice and full now, and all good alternatives to both Japan and the US.

Reply to this Topic
crustybiker

Apr 04

crustybiker says:

poo

just another pile of poo made by a once great name

Reply to this Topic
scalli

Oct 10

scalli says:

great bikes

The only bike I have kept more than a year, had mine 6 years now. They looked a lot better with the spoked wheels though, engine is good, doesnt leak oil and mine lives outside all year round and started up first push of the button with 6 inch of snow on it and no cover. For the first time last winter I used mine as my daily hack and was great in the snow. I am not that tall and have no problem with the pegs, I can do 120 miles none stop and no aches or pains unlike the last bike I tried where I had my feet tucked up under my arse. Forward controls are much nicer

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices