Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph's 500,000th bike unleashed General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Triumph's 500,000th bike unleashed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Triumph's 500,000th bike unleashed

Triumph's 500,000th bike has rolled off the production line. Check out the teaser to see exclusive footage of the landmark bike being assembled and a hint of what Triumph are up to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (06 May 2011 16:41)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
scotsmaninusa

Apr 10

way to go MCN

stick this story right beside BMW unleahing their 2 millionth bike.that'll stop them partying and feeling good ha ha.

Reply to this Topic
street3r

Sep 10

street3r says:

So what is new?

Ok, so looking at the headlights, it looks like either Street or Speed Triple. News, Triumph?

Looking at the total of Triumph's bike range (of which I'm a big fan), there are quite a few "gaps" in the range (have a look for yourselves on their web site and think, now they have got the "new" brand established again, what's missing?). For example where is the 1050 Daytona? Or where is the 1050 with some sort of fairing (out of the blue Yamaha Fazer Fz1, for example)? Or how about an 800 Sprint ST? You've made a "good" 800cc engine, and you've made the current Sprint ST heavy. So what about a lighter tourer? And why did they stop with ABS on the 2010 Sprint ST? Even as an option it would be worth it.

We know why a lot of makes are chaniging engine size. They stopped doing 500cc, so 600cc is the start, so 800 is the "new 600" and then less of a gap to 1000cc. Now they can go up. But do they need a "drive shaft" model, to compete with BMW, Honda VfR1200 etc?

They can say "true biker wants a naked, no gizmos and no ABS" so many times. But the market is full of part time hobby, weekend warriors bikers, that they need to listen to the market needs.

Reply to this Topic
Lukaz2205

Jul 05

Lukaz2205 says:

well....

its blatently a Speed Triple or Street triple.

and the rider is comedian Ross Noble, but what are they upto?

hmmmm....

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

New Tourer please!

What Triumph need is good sit-up-and-beg style tourer with shaft drive. The only practical 2 up tourers they have at the moment is the Sprint GT but the riders position is too sporty, or the Tiger 1050 which has chain drive and a very pronounced stepped seat, and it could do with a bit more power. Other bikes in the range are either cruisers or impractical tourers like the Speed and Street Triples (great bikes in their own right though!). I would like to change my Sprint ST so come on Triumph, if you want to keep a customer, hurry up as I take early retirement in October and I want to treat myself!

Reply to this Topic
street3r

Sep 10

street3r says:

Hmmm

I wonder the video of him on a Speed or Street Triple is a bit of a "red herring" and actually he's going to ride over to a new Triumph Trophy and that's how they're going to launch it. Maybe?

Reply to this Topic
Simon33

Jul 06

Simon33 says:

Half a million Hinckley Triumphs !

It is great news to see Triumph reach this milestone, but I can't help thinking BMW are having a justified dig at Triumph when Hendrik von Kuenheim the BMW head stated that BMW bikes are exported to 130 countries with Berlin air in the tyres. In contrast Triumph export an increasing number of motorcycles all over the world including the UK with Thai air in the tyres.

In the short term this may bring advantages but because of the emotional and evocative nature of motorcycle manufacturing, in the medium to long term it may prove to be detrimental especially in the USA and BMW have recognised this.

BMW Motorrad and the Germans in general have proved that it is possible to manufacture profitably in a high wage economy, so I say,  Mr Bloor bring it back home ! 

Reply to this Topic
adriangrandmaster

Oct 10

To all people undecided on whether the bike is a speed or street triple its a speed triple, just look for the single sided swingarm but i dont understand why ross noble is riding it as he has just bought himself a scrambler and tiger 800

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

simon33

Some BMW & Mercedes Benz cars are built in the USA, and Mercedes Benz also build cars in Asia. Rolls Royce cars were also built in the USA for a time so I dont really see this as a problem for Triumph.

Reply to this Topic
jallen

Aug 02

jallen says:

Hendrik von Kuenheim has obviously not noticed where the components for BMW's are actually sourced from.

Good achevement by Triumph though.

Reply to this Topic
600kid

Sep 10

600kid says:

Amazed that's my home town hero Ross Noble!! course you try riding a 'triple round here and it'll be in the back of some guys van ASAP.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices