Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Stoner secures second victory of the season MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Stoner secures second victory of the season

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Tom Cambio  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Stoner secures second victory of the season

Casey Stoner (Repsol Honda) secured his second victory of the season at Le Mans. After starting from pole Stoner reclaimed first from team mate Dani Pedrosa in the second lap, where he then stayed for the remainder of the race building a margin of over 14 seconds. Pedrosa kept pace with Stoner until losing second place to Marco Simoncelli (San Carlo...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (15 May 2011 15:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
timgsxr

Mar 11

timgsxr says:

your right yam3358

Were was Rossi's ride through penalty when he took out Casey I know it wasn't on purpose but simmo's wasn't either.

Reply to this Topic
stew1250

Feb 09

stew1250 says:

yam3358,interesting point

It does make you wonder why Rossi did not get ride through and Simoncelli did.

Reply to this Topic
Unbreakable

Feb 11

Unbreakable says:

Gresini bowed down to Honda

It occurs to me that the San Carlos Gresini squad may not have managed to defend Simoncelli from getting a drive through in that it depends on Honda for everything. If Honda said "We want Simoncelli severely punished" the San Carlos Gresini Director will have had to accept it without complaint.

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Lol Seany....what an angry little boy!!

You get so uptight like your idol Stoner don't you hey.... go and count to 15 again (without wanking) and calm yourself down...

Now Seany, if you read my post carefully you will see i do infact admit that Rossi was lucky to get 3rd!! I'll make it easy for you, i wrote "He had a great race today but he was lucky to get the podium" so i guess i would admit it hey Seany warney?? If you didnt get so worked up and read peoples posts properly before you do a Stoner and shoot from the hip then you wouldn't be quite so anoying!!

Also, what do you mean "you celebrate like it's a championship win"??? how would you know? did you see me jumping around my loung in my yellow and red pants spraying a cheap bottle of champers over my Rossi posters?? no you didn't (thank god) so yet another pointless post from you!

I would say third is a good place for him right now considering the competition, the bike he is on and his returning to full fitness!! why wouldn't he celebrate?? not everyone is miserable like you and your God Stoner!!

Again, Dovi passed Rossi under the yellow flag as far as i could see so when Rossi got him back on the brakes then this resolved the issue, no adavantage gained.... end of!! you were the first scroat to jump on it here from what i could see.... (and i would have put money on it being that way) so that is why i pointed you out, I didnt say you made it up, i said you were clinging to it to take away from Rossi's acheivements!! you are the worst kind of hater... one that denies doing it!!

Like i said, Stoner had a great race, he was faultless! 15 seconds is great Sean, really great to watch! Oh no, the cameras wernet on him as nobody enjoys seeing a rider lapping on his own.... i think i remember seeing a lot of Rossi, Dovi, Lorenzo, Simo and pedro though.... probably coz that is where the racing was... the gap will come down once all the bikes start to close the gap to the Honda's, then we will see Stoner have to fight for the wins rather than sit out front on a far superior bike!

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Rossi/Stoner

That crash was obviously a racing incident, but i just found it a tad annoying as to how a rider can take somebody out, get back on, rejoin and then take points from it.  Its not right to compare that with what happened here in le mans but it makes you wonder how high the favouritism goes with Valentino.

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Just read crash.net

And it basically says what i said about the so called yellow flag incident! Nothing to it.... weel, that's unless you are a Rossi hater of course hey Seany?!? lol

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Sean Warney?

Minty, i have serious concerns about whether or not you are a peodophile.

The part where i mention you celebrating i could have worded a little better yes. By the title and how you worded you sentences you seemed so damn proud, like youv'e proved a lot of people wrong, like you think your being smart but you just sound like a muppet to be honest. you put'why wouldn't he celebrate'.  Because minty, he has achieved nothing but luck and moaned like a bitch about his shoulder every single round. He mentioned it yesterday after getting 9th in QP. If he was in so much pain, he would have mentioned it today, like Pedrosa did after the Estoril race, now run along and give him a massage.

Angry little boy? where have i seemingly blown up in a burst of anger? i haven't resorted to calling you childish pathetic names like 'Minty winty'.

and your right, blast that Casey Stoner for being so talented and 15 seconds ahead of the pack, what a letdown eh. If only he'd slow down a little bit for Rossi and his shoulder.

You mention Casey is on a superior bike, okay thats sounding desperate for reasons why he's dominated today. Pedrosa and Simoncelli couldn't touch him and they are on the same spec bike.

Minty fresh, the 30 year old who claims his mother is dead for attention, if you want to have a proper debate im all for it, but leave out the dumbass names and cheap shots a 3 year old could think of.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Rossi

I don't hate the guy, how can you hate anyone who is fast enough to be in motogp?? apart from the die hard Rossi fans hating Stoner. My respect for him though, has gone dramatically downhill in the last few years, with excursions on and off the track. The man can't deal with no limelight. Neither can the fans making excuses.

Reply to this Topic
hobes

Mar 09

hobes says:

Damn Sic said he needed to finish, FINISH who watching the race and told my mate Sic gonna take someone out and bam, damn. Do not think he deserved ride through unfortunate what happened to DP but he is very fragile. But VR overtaking under the yellow flag would of been different if Dovi overtook him under yellow flag maybe I am an old cynic but there seem to be two sets of rules there and did the so called GOAT turn into a monkey on the poduim all that arm waving etc to say I am here seemed a bit manic.

CS showed what he could do on a competitive bike.

Cal unfortunate was hoping he would end the race 6 at least.

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

MAD Race

Was just reading what Alberto Puig said about Super Sic. He wants the guy locked up. I feel for Simo. As when I saw the overtaking, Pedrosa had a small moment, and had to sit up. Simo was already there and slightly ahead. But then Pedrosa had the inside line, so I dunno... Tough call. Ride through Penalty. Part of me say Yes but also No. Pedrosa could of done more to avoid the situation and so would Simo. He had plenty of time/laps to get pass Pedrosa. His eagerness has again let him down.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices