Skip to content

Discuss This British MotoGP: Stoner takes pole position MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > British MotoGP: Stoner takes pole position

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

British MotoGP: Stoner takes pole position

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner will start tomorrow's Silverstone MotoGP from pole position after battling with Jorge Lorenzo and Marco Simoncelli for the entirity of the session. Stoner set the fastest lap with a 2'02.020 to beat Simoneclli by 0.188sec but Italian Simoncelli came close to taking pole position on his final lap. The Honda rider was 1.001sec faster than Stoner,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (11 June 2011 15:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tomoijsg

Jun 08

tomoijsg says:

Wet or Dry?

Mark my words if it's dry it'll be a yawn fest, however if it,s wet anything can happen.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Close up front

Stoner, Simo e Lorenzo all within a tyre width of pole, Simo has his mojo back and Lorenzo is looking fast and calm - Stoner has something in reserve but I think it will be close

Good call Elbowz11, Abraham is the man of the moment.
Fastest Ducati and so far this year has consistently shown a good pace and ability on the bike, hes currently sat a couple of points behind Barbera and ahead of Edwards.. the kid is doing good!

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

bobandrew955

I think you could be right m8, didn't rain at the last one but forecast is bad for tomorrow but he will have a lot of catching up to do if it rains heavily, but if it's just a little damp it'sanyones race. Does anyone know if they're allowed to hand cut a slick like in the old days ?

Reply to this Topic
stoner27

Jul 08

stoner27 says:

safe bet 4 hrc

i hate to say this even though im a stoner fan its only 6 races in but with casey on 91 points and simo on 32 will hrc be saying already as they are desperate to win the the last 800 championship back off simo and dont race casey too close?

look what happened in 06 with nicky and dani taking him out carnt see honda wanting a repeat of that dovi is so unpredicable and with dani out they will play all there cards with stoner! i get the feeling the  word team will actually work this year maybe boring to watch but hrc want a win..

obviously casey could probably do this on his own but alittle help wont go a miss..

has for the weather im sure rossi will be hopeing for rain why he,s so far off the pace is another thing 3.7 secs first time on a motogp bike on this track but hasnt he been round on a superbike before? anyway may change the results for everyone if showers fall....

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

No

Honda RACING Corporation will be saying race away boys. They will be egging Mr C Stoner on but they ultimately won't care which bike wins (as long as it's a Honda). I'd like to see the big haired one win to break his duck and get on with the trip but that's just my opinion. Now that I'm back online I'd like to defend Mr M Simoncelli as being a hardcore racer, he picked a lowcore racer to crash with. I'd much prefer a V.Rossi to win coz I think we've arrived at that time, if he doesn't I'm happy to wait for 2012. Big love to all the posters that didn't obviously worry about my existence xxx (and trust me I've been watching)

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

As a side note

It's 30+ degrees here although we did have rain before & after Barcelona, I'm guessing that if I bother my arse to go to Assen it'll be cool and I'll be able to forget about wingeing Poms no problem. Casey Stoner will be World Champ, the end. P.S Valentino Rossi will do a Micheal Schumacher in 2012+ and keep the world in yellow and red panties

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I am a Simoncelli fan! But HRC does not even have to worry, Marco will screw up his start from the front row, much like Nori would. If Marco would start from8th then HRC should Worry? Casey will take this win rain or dry. As he will win again on the 1000 Honda next year, Lorenzo and Casey on a Honda? That would be great! The 2 best riders on the sane bike......

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

There will be no orders from hrc at this point in the season, just like there are no orders at ducati allowing Rossi to be top Duke in the races. Shame for Cal, and for us Brits for not having another Brit to support. Well done Edwards though for finishing 8th in qualifying. I hope the weather holds for tomorrow but as the racing is exciting and nobody gets hurt I don't mind a bit of rain.

Reply to this Topic
stompmyduke

Mar 08

stompmyduke says:

The Hair and the Tortoise

Good to see Sic on the front row, but as someone else sai,d he's bound to screw up. No surprise about Stoner and ditto Rossi who's always slow to learn a new track - how he ever won 1st time out at Indie I'll never know (something to do with a hurricane?). Predict 1st 27, 2nd 1, 3rd 11, perhaps 4th 4, and, who knows 5th 69. 46 can't hope for better than 6th.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Mistic Megs Predictions !

Mistic Meg predicts tomorows winner will be Casey Stoner.WOW what a suprise ! I think its a forgone conclustion unless Marco or Rossi take him out.Best bike + Best Rider (arguably) = Race Win.I know its not quite as easy as that but I don't think anybody stands a chance this year again'st Casey & his Honda.

Jorge is an exellent rider & every bit as good as Casey if not better,but with out a Honda its just damage limitation tomorow.I think he will take 2nd but I don't think he will have an answer to Casey & Casey will just clear off after a few laps into the distance & win by a country mile.I really hope that Im wrong but I really do beleive that Casey will win tomorow as I said unless some sort of race incodent happens.

P.S. I think the only person to really challenge Casey this year is Dani,or should I say was Dani.What looked good on paper at the start of the year is turning out to be very dull so far.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices