Skip to content

General Ooops.....just been nicked.... Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Ooops.....just been nicked....

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

svgirly

Feb 11

svgirly says:

Ooops.....just been nicked....

for speeding :upset:

Pulled on the M20 near Ashford doing avg 92. something mph.  Unmarked Jag.  I've seen it about and by the time I clocked it, the blue lights came on!!!!! 3 points and £60.  Just glad I took someones advice to keep it under 100mph.

What's the deal with doing a speed awarenwess course instead of points?

Not a great way to start the day.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (05 July 2011 09:05)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Sorry...

just realised you were on the motorway...whereas des was on a 50 limit A road in Derbyshire,so he would get a whacking.:mellow:

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Association of Chief Police Officers.

Picking up on Boult's point about chief police officers being company directors, take a look at the ACPO. They're an independent body sponsored by the Home Office and Police Authorities, they're not subject to the Freedom of Information Act, they run another company relating to home security and the building industry and they claim senior police chiefs volunteer their time on top of the day job. I would have thought advising the Home Office on national policing policy was something police chiefs would be expected to do routinely. It all smacks of self-interest to me, if not corruption.

Reply to this Topic
svgirly

Feb 11

svgirly says:

Thanks for info.....

guys.  Looks like it will be points then.

Will it make me a slower rider????  Mmmmmmm maybe not, I was a bit slower today, stuck to around 80 but absolutely paranoid about every car on the road being an unmarked car.  Realised I was concentrating on this too much and not my riding.........hope this wears off soon!!!

Preunit - LondonBill, if only, I'd have flashed my boobs and he'd have let me off!!!!!:lol:  As it goes, think copper was a bit surprised to find out I was a woman.  He called me mate while I had lid on, then I took it off and he goes "oh your not a mate?"  that was funny!!!!

Gunger - red lid, blue bike, why?

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Mate? Mate!!

I expect better of my mates than handing me fines and penalty points! He's got a damn cheek, what happened to being a public servant and all that? Sir or Madam/Ma'am would do fine I think! 

only way I can see for you not to get points would be if he made any mistakes in his procedures, like not filling in the paperwork/NIP correctly or something of that order, the solicitors love to pick up on that kind of thing :smile a lot depends what was said or done at the time, best options usually to say as little as you can get away with and try not to talk yourself into anything. 
Anyhow, hope it works out ok, just have to try keep out of any further stops, now you are public enemy no 1, :wink: :smile

Reply to this Topic
Mannakin

Sep 10

Mannakin says:

Bad luck

I tend to try and stick to <90 on the motorway and haven't had any problems in a while.

I have had a finger wag from police bike, but I spotted him fairly far back and slowed down a little and moved to the middle lane.

Reply to this Topic
svgirly

Feb 11

svgirly says:

oh fuck....it's getting worse

I moved house last year and haven't changed address on license.  I don't have have to do a producer, but I will at some stage have to send it off to receive my "stripes".  I have just applied on line to update address and this will come back to me in 10 days.

Will this trigger anything that I did not change it last year and is it true you can get 3 points????  Couldn't stomach points for that.:mad::mad::mad:

Mind you, I do have to count my blessings as they did not notice that I don't have tax disc displayed!!!!

Also when I do I have to let insurance companies know, when points gone on or when I renew?....see i'm so squeeky clean, correction, was!!!!:wink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
1050boy

Dec 08

1050boy says:

some cops are ok!

went past an unmarked skoda last night at 85/90 ish on A1, looked in the drivers window and chap in dark jumper holding the wheel ten to two, so slowed down to the 70, he then went past and on go the lights, pulled off onto slip road, stopped, lid off, 'good news or bad news' he said, asked for the good news, he said your not getting a ticket but a bit of advice, if youre going to do that speed in the outside lane i should be a bit further over the lane so lorrys/cars can see you earlier! fair point! see, some of them are ok:smile

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Just done

A speed awareness course (34 in a 30) and talking to a guy who'd been caught on the M1 he was doing 82, the cop told him he was lucky as that is the cut off point to be offered a speed awareness course..

Reply to this Topic
Driver67

Jul 11

Driver67 says:

oops...

I believe the maximum fine for not updating your license details is £1000. Don't know about any points though.

Don't blame the cops for that one; it's the DVLA that will come after you.

Reply to this Topic
svgirly

Feb 11

svgirly says:

I still haven't received

anything about this???????  It's been 2 weeks now and I have not had anything in the post.  I take it they send to where bike registered and not to the lisence holder address, which 2 weeks ago was incorrect.

I know Marcus said it can take longer when I queried this before and obviously I don't want to chase, but on the other hand I don't want to pay a higher fine for not paying in time.

Any chance they may have had a change of heart?????

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices