Skip to content

Ask an Expert being seen & lights. Legal

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > being seen & lights.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

evelinkk

Jul 11

evelinkk says:

being seen & lights.

hello i'm new don't flame me.

I've been riding for two and a half months before i was forced to drop my new wr125x on the floor to avoid slamming into side of a well branded estate agents mini as the driver pulled from a minor road and dove across into an adjacent street without checking the near side lane for me. they speed away so its me vs the mib, but i digress.

Now trying to be seen better without having to dip me or the bike in neon,glow in the dark paint (unlike the fleet of matt black cars i see on the london streets)
or erecting a 6 foot pole off the back of the bike with a 1000w spot light shinning down on me. what am i legally allowed to do in regards to running light or coloured blinkers??

i've seen a couple of honda's with slow repeating
l.e.d blinkers fitted under there head lights and tail lights that flash at the same rate as the "boris bike" lights.
 Also acerbis make hand guards for my wr125x with led running lights in the guards, but they state "daytime running lights" why can't i use these at night, surely being seen is the goal.

/discuss

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 July 2011 14:47)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
crustybiker

Apr 04

crustybiker says:

white

try a white fairing  prople tend to see them and act accordingly

Reply to this Topic
crustybiker

Apr 04

crustybiker says:

white

try a white fairing  prople tend to see them and act accordingly

Reply to this Topic
Hackey

Mar 11

Hackey says:

Expensive

I think it wont have a major effect , it may be a fussy switch to the lights , considering its a 125 the battery may be drained quickly too.

Reply to this Topic
norton1

Aug 07

norton1 says:

lights

try bikevis.com

Reply to this Topic
CBRJGWRR

Aug 11

CBRJGWRR says:

There is a way of being seen...

A friend of mine made her leathers skintone in colour, except for extra bits on top of the suit corresponding to articles of female underwear.

No one has ever pulled out on her...

Reply to this Topic
mk1rob

Aug 11

mk1rob says:

leathers

:biggrin:I like the sound of that! Think that would definately make me look twice!

Reply to this Topic
CBRJGWRR

Aug 11

CBRJGWRR says:

That was her plan

She thought it would definately make people look. That was the whole idea.

She borrowed bits of her dad's roadracing gear, and had loads of practice with her dads 125 2Ts and 250's.

(He felt she was too quick, and too young for the 600's and 1000's)

1st day of year 11, she comes flying round the corner into the school, kneedown, riding a RS50. Applying the throttle on exit front wheel comes up.

Everybody else looked at her... I looked at the worn kneesliders, and a fully race prepped aprilia. (It was 30 mph restricted provided she pressed a button on the handlebar, which operated a bypass valve in the inlet, which was tiny.)

Another time she was riding down the road, and a copper pulls her over, saying:

"Excuse me miss, is that appro... oh, I'm sorry. Carry on."

Everybody laughed at that.

She decided not to go racing on account of how some people responded to being beaten by a lady in her underwear...

She always wore a black visor, as she was too embarassed to wear a non tinted one.

Well, so far no ones pulled out on her in 4 years of riding on the road, and 10 on the track.

Reply to this Topic
jimmywiz

Oct 11

jimmywiz says:

the mini

was the well know estate agents "quealys"

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN