Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Is a Yamaha R6 worth £3000 more than a Benelli Tornado 900? First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Is a Yamaha R6 worth £3000 more than a Benelli Tornado 900?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Is a Yamaha R6 worth £3000 more than a Benelli Tornado 900?

Not all superbikes costs silly money. The latest offers from Benelli sees its once £11,700 Tornado Tre 900 now priced at just £5999, making the exotic Italian a surprising, alternative, bargain. Let's put that in perspective for a moment. Prices of Japanese bikes have continued to escalate, with the once massively popular 600 Supersport class, in particular, seeing prices increase dramatically. The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (11 July 2011 15:41)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tonydoc903

Mar 09

tonydoc903 says:

Had my Tornado 5 years now, 25k miles, still looks like new. Can't find another bike to replace it. Well not at this price anyway. I just wish i could charge  a quid every time somebody asks what the fans are for.

Reply to this Topic
crappyname

Feb 09

crappyname says:

Why anyone would spend the best part of 10K on a std new 600 is beyond me. I thought 7200 was a joke 2 years ago. The R6 may be a better bike but it isnt 50% better.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

As a previous R6 owner, i would say that the Benelli is by far the better buy.

Reply to this Topic
Kescheng

May 06

Kescheng says:

Some Limitations

I have a Tornado 900 - bought precisely because it is a piece of Italian exotica for cheap as chips money. Handles well and has a strong linear motor. However there are limitations. Firstly it is relatively rare therefore performance parts are scarce and as I bought it as a track bike this is a problem. Build quality is good in most areas but the bodywork is not top class. Ground clearance is not great if you take it on a track day - I've managed to ground both sides out and I'll be first to put my hands up and say that I'm not a great rider with Stoner like capabilities. Overall though it's a quick, interesting and good looking bike.

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

Italian Exotica

Its a no brainer, R6 at that price, no way!

Recently made the switch to Ducati myself, cant fault em. So for something different the italian bikes are the way to go. I aint done with jap bikes but nowadays for what you get, jap bikes are too expensive in my opinion and the likes of a duke offer more bang (and style) for your buck!

Reply to this Topic
Panchdara

Feb 08

Panchdara says:

But I still want an R6!

If the R6 is gonna kick the butt off the Beneli, well, give me the R6. Whilst I've never raced, I've had so many experiences "racing"... and the R6, with it's weight:hp ratio and the immense availability of parts.... (loads of them!)... for the 3k difference... still give me the R6.

Humbly, very humbly...

(PS, I ride the Mountian Course on a regular basis on a Hornet 600... and an R6 will only encourage me to be more "regular"!)

My 2 cents worth.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Each unto their own...

Yes,each unto their own choice....... .......Depends if you have your heart set upon an R6,you'll pay though the nose and elsewhere,no doubt for it. The Benelli,hasn't the latest RAD CALS,the engine may be rougher,the parts may be dodgy to get hold of(depends of course upon Italian holiday season)but, it's still a looker,a bit heavier,not as flick able, and getting on in years(at least in design terms),and at a crazy price compared with R6 600,NO MATTER HOW HOT,OR HOW GOOD IT IS,£9,500,for a Japanese 600 is insane!!!

Reply to this Topic
tonydoc903

Mar 09

tonydoc903 says:

parts.

Check the benelliforum.com for advice on parts and everything reguarding benelli's. the forum is better than the importer for all sorts.Cheers. Rather than the R6, i would buy a two year old R1 if i wanted japenese. plenty to choose from.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices