Skip to content

Discuss This All-new Triumph Daytona 675 spied New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > All-new Triumph Daytona 675 spied

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

All-new Triumph Daytona 675 spied

This grainy picture is the first ever shot of the new Triumph Daytona 675. It was one of four pictures – including a much clearer side-on shot you can see in tomorrow’s MCN – taken by an MCN reader near Triumph’s Hinckley factory. As you’ll see in tomorrow’s paper, the 675cc inline triple sportsbike has undergone a comprehensive overhaul – the underseat...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (19 July 2011 12:50)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
happylemon666

Mar 10

tiny

is he riding the full size version?  Looks tiny!

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

It's designed so you can put it in the top box of the new Trophy tourer..

Reply to this Topic
ciderdrinker

May 08

ciderdrinker says:

All-new 2012 Triumph Daytona 675 spied

Bring out an uprated version with a 1050 engine in it, please. I'd buy it. And I think a great many other people would as well.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyconcrete

Oct 05

sit your happy sack on top of it
and the bike disappears

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Beat me to it...

Yes, get us a 1050 Daytona please.  The USA has been asking for one since the 675 was introduced to us.  Some of us have no need for a buzzy middleweight with no bottom end that you have to rev to the moon to putz around on.  Just because it may not fit into a particular race class, does not mean it will not sell nor is worth building.  If that were true, open class bikes would have failed years ago.

As the USA has 311,798,742 people, I'd say there's a bigger potential market for 1050 Daytona sales than in the UK which has 60,394,259.  Not to mention we have more wide open spaces to use a 1050 and speed cameras are few and far between.

Even an 800 version would be more practical.  They bumped up the 675 to suit they Tiger after all.  Would be a good competitor for GSXR-750 which is still a popular machine over here.

Reply to this Topic
oscarb2b

Jul 11

oscarb2b says:

2012 Update

I thinks its a healthy update and will only strengthen its appeal and firm its place as an upkeeping model. 

With regards to X2 Glider, i have owned a Daytona 675 and ridden both the older and newer 1050 speed triples. The Daytona is as flexible with a fat bottom end and has drive over a larger rev band too, so theres definately not the need to rev it to the moon. It was even smoother than my Street Triple!

Bring on the update!

Reply to this Topic
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

Yum yum

can't wait to see what they've done to an already crackin bike :smile:roll eyes:

Reply to this Topic
GasmanDan

Dec 10

GasmanDan says:

Daytona 1050 . . . . Not a race class for it?  Tweak it and lob the thing into the fray with BSB or even WSB.  If ever there was a sales platform for a superbike its that.  Be bold, Triumph.  Do it right and it will ride itself out of the showroom.

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

Shorter look ?

Hope the bikes looks shorter then the current version.

Because of the front fairing being much forward and the rear seat with pipes

under it the current version looks very long. Apart from that it is a very nice bike.

Reply to this Topic
wendlewulf

May 10

wendlewulf says:

Mirrors

I bought one of the first batch of Daytona 675s to arrive in New Zealand & I had ordered it after seeing it in the Triumph magazine. I loved it at first sight and found that in the flesh (or should that be metal & plastic?) it was even better than I expected. except for the mirrors that is. I am currently resting between licences and one of the reasons is that I didn't see the cop behind me cos the mirrors give you only a picture of your elbows unless the vehicle behind is overtaking you (and few do on the open road and only then when you let them). Mind you the main reason I lost the licence was the fact that I was enjoying what I thought was an empty country back road in perfect weather, but that is another story.So, mirrors on stalks as per the pix? Can I get them as an after market fit for my Canary?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices