Skip to content

Discuss This Ariel back with £20,000 bespoke bikes New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Ariel back with £20,000 bespoke bikes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Ariel back with £20,000 bespoke bikes

British firm Ariel will return with a new road bike next year which will be built in Britain but use a Honda engine. Ariel's motorcycle-loving owner promises the bike will be "high-performance, fun to ride and bespoke" and says it will cost around £20,000. Ariel currently makes high performance cars - its Atom tops the Top Gear all-time leader board -...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (27 July 2011 14:19)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
oldpete

Jul 09

oldpete says:

Ariel

Val Page will probably be turning in his grave. Ariel designed practical bikes for ordinary people to use everyday in all conditions (Red Hunter, Huntsmaster, Leader, etc). These "Ariels" will be Ariels in name only - rich mens toys with no connection with ariel except the name. Still at least they'll be made in the UK (well maybe)

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

Another Great British white elephant,i'll eat my Arai if i ever see one of these on the road.

Reply to this Topic
coxyjm

May 10

coxyjm says:

to all

the haters out there, throwing shit at Ariel. FUUUUCK you. I say good on you guys for having the passion and drive to innovate. It is not easy for a small automotive manufacturer to operate in the UK. Loving your work. i will probably never be able to afford one of your vehicles, but a great man once said "i have dream"

If these bikes end up bing as great as their cars then it would be nice to stick another set of churchills up to everyone else. Up the Brits.

Reply to this Topic
coxyjm

May 10

coxyjm says:

ignore

my poor spelling and grammer, i am shit.

Reply to this Topic
coliwobble

Jan 05

coliwobble says:

Bespoke?

Good to see another classic British marque rise from the ashes. Good luck to them. The only fly in the ointment is a Honda engine in a £20K " bespoke " bike. For me, the engine is the central thing that defines a bikes character. Honda make great engines but if I wanted one I'd buy one for half the price of the Ariel. It would have been nice to see something completely individual like the new Nortons.

P.S. It would be great to see the Norton v's Ariel debates starting again!

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

The Honda engine is so bad that they only decided to use it in Moto2 hmmmm so it is a little expensive, all the good things are and your not going to find many of them about.

Why does everything need to be mass produced at a budget that anyone could buy them, all you end up with is cheap components that everyone and their dogs start replacing as soon as they bought the bike.

I agree the car is a rich mans toy and so will the bike but is that so wrong?

Reply to this Topic
srx600

Aug 11

srx600 says:

Ariel

This is an engineering business based just down the road from me. They are passionate about what they do, and their standard of workmanship is second to none. 20K is not a huge amount to pay for what will basically be a hand built bike tailored to the customers requirements. Cast your mind back a few years; Hesketh. ring a bell? The format is tried and tested. Ariel will never be a volume producer which will ensure its exclusivity.

If I wanted to be different and I had the money then why not?

I wish them every success.

Reply to this Topic
schumachergirl1956

Apr 09

ARIEL MOTORBIKES

Nice motor bikes but really expensive to buy, but i still love Harley Davidson's these are my first choice if i had the money to buy a motorbike for my husband has i cannot ride a motorbike not because of insurance etc i just have not got the nerves to ride one.

Reply to this Topic
toecutter007

Jun 10

toecutter007 says:

"Ariel"

Ariel are not 'back'. Triumph did not 'come back', and  'Norton have not returned'.....However,, the Licenced use or owning of those old marques names does sell a product

....but....a bespoke Ariel..with a Honda engine....dont be daft ......

Reply to this Topic
MikeRedshaw

Jul 11

MikeRedshaw says:

Ariel

What's the problem with another British name returning to the streets? Who cares if it's a Honda engine - at least it wont break down or fall apart.Imagine if it was Harlwey powered - how silly/pointless would that be?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices