Skip to content

Discuss This New 2012 Honda Fireblade pictures leaked New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New 2012 Honda Fireblade pictures leaked

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

New 2012 Honda Fireblade pictures leaked

These are the first photos of Honda’s 2012 Fireblade. Besides the new angular styling, the bike has Big Piston Forks, new rear suspension, new clocks and lightweight wheels. Those hoping for a V4 will be disappointed, as the engine appears almost identical to this year’s model. Also, there are no signs of any traction control – the switchgear has no extra...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 August 2011 17:57)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Cadwell75

Jul 10

Cadwell75 says:

A public test?

I think this is clever PR feed back by Honda, stick a base model in a dealer, see the response from the public.

The whole world is talking about this on many forums, Honda is getting free invaluable feed back about what the global riding public think.

There may well be a V4 or something exotic waiting in the wings, but lets not forget Honda are not stupid, they spend a lot on research and the feedback in 2 days so far must be priceless.

Also carloslavado.......whats Haga got to do with this?...confused.

Reply to this Topic
ChrisRR

Aug 11

ChrisRR says:

CBR1000RR

I've been working at a Honda dealer for over 5 years, and every single time when there is a rumor about a new Honda bike, they do the exact opposite of what the rumor says. However, Honda would NEVER put a brand new model, 2012 bike, in a dealer showroom, especially not in Hong Kong. Now also consider the fact that this most likely is the 2012 Fireblade, but they will just update that model and at the same time release a new bike side by side with the Fireblade. Honda is the most stubborn company in the business, but they have the right to be, because they have a great bike, but they have to come up with something to compete with the BMW, ZX-10R and so on, so don't be too disappointing. And one last point, if the Fireblade would get a V4, it wouldn't be a CBR anymore, since all CBR's are in-line 4 cylinder bikes, so a V4 bike would have a new name.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

new blade

"Those hoping for a V4 will be disappointed"

Well if it WERE a V4, it would be a VFR not a CBR.

VFR = V4

CBR = inlne 4 (with the exception on the 125cc bike)

Reply to this Topic
TrackAce

Aug 11

TrackAce says:

@ChrisRR

You are spot on, this blade will run alongside another bike, like the old blade did when the SP-1/2 was the flagship model.

Reply to this Topic
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

Fake...

I agree with ChrisRR and many others, Honda just would not release the biggest bike in their armour like this, a Blade release would be shown to the press in a very different way what with all the money they have and the name of the bike.

I did believe this at first but not any longer.

Reply to this Topic
gravelrashjr

Mar 11

gravelrashjr says:

Honda...

It'll probably just support the Crosstourer release

Reply to this Topic
jimmy66

Feb 09

jimmy66 says:

fireblade

could it be just a 20th aniversary special edition, like it says on the tank (check better website for more pics)

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

Hong Kong

is nt that part of CHINA???? the same place you can buy any number of aftermarket  FAIRINGS for any sports bike. Wow someone came up with a new design fairing for the current blade put them on and put the bike in a shop window.  Then someone starts a rumor and there you go. Only my opinion. I,m waiting on a V4 but if it,s twice the price  of a blade , i,ll have to visit the Aprilia shop. Mind you I,ve been waiting for an SP3 for 6 years .  Come on HONDA give us something special we can all afford.

Reply to this Topic
stavros012008

Oct 08

dont like the look of the pug faced blade and this is just the same ...prob go well but it aint no zx10 or bmw is it lol ...grandad bike

Reply to this Topic
hellobignose

Mar 09

hellobignose says:

Fake

I agree with everyone else. These pictures are clearly the work of a skilled motorcycle forger hellbent on spending months of his time creating a bike that looks a bit different from the old Blade in order to trick ordinary people into thinking there is new one. I only hope the real bike looks exactly like this forgery, then he will have wasted his time! That will almost certainly learn him

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices