Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha would welcome Eugene Laverty into MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha would welcome Eugene Laverty into MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha would welcome Eugene Laverty into MotoGP

One of Yamaha's senior MotoGP bosses has said he would have no objections to the Tech 3 Yamaha squad selecting Eugene Laverty for its 2012 MotoGP world championship line-up. Laverty is a leading candidate for a place alongside Cal Crutchlow in 2012 after he was left without a ride next season following the shock withdrawal of Yamaha's factory effort in World...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 August 2011 11:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

I'd imagine in the greater scheme of things a Spanish, Italian or American rider or more likely any rider other than from the British isles would bring in more sponsorship mOney etc? Laverty was great to watch in the 600's and has had sone great results in the wsbk class. Is that enough to get a Gp ride?who knows. Be great to see a new rider able to mix it up though, and even better if it was him.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Monster sponsorship.

Will get him nde with Tech 3 if he chose them but its always a queue when the seat becomes vacant as its the best satelite team to go to.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

WTF......

Did we not get this story last week? Jeez, Is this gunna become the new Rossi/Ducati monotonous bullshit...?

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Same words.

What the Tech 3 manager said I think MCN does this as a commerical when you see the same articles such as Rossi/ Ducati and Laverty/Tech 3.

Reply to this Topic
jackp121

Aug 11

jackp121 says:

eugine

laverty will adapt better than crutchlow and could be a podium threat if on the right bike

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

I'd love to see someone else from these shores in MotoGp and i'm sure he'd give his all but i can't see EL chasing a podium in a month of Sundays. I'd love to see it, but.........................................

Reply to this Topic
Szmolo

Aug 09

Szmolo says:

Bradley Smith!

Personally I'd love to see the ride go to Bradley, he's had a year in Moto2 to learn the tracks, now get him up onto the 1000cc's if you really want to see some young talent coming up through the ranks! That way Bradley's ride can go to someone like Laverty as a learning curve for the GP tracks.

I also agree with PaceyCasey, I think Ben Spies has a lot to answer for here, his raw talent has made steping up to GP from WSB look slighly less difficult than it really is

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

EL + BS = T3 ?!?!?!

So one article states bradley is lined up for the ride, while the other states Eugene is in the same boat.
The forum inches are full of whos better and who's worse, and its all to blame on Elbowz for being too good.

Personally I would like to see Spies and Smith in the same squad titled 'No BS Yamaha' and JL and EL in another squad titled 'ELO-JELO Yamaha'

Oh well, too much sun today, back to the bar for me...

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

2 Brits in Moto Gp

Dream on !

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Chrisg.

It would never happen BS on the Tech 3 Herve would love it if he had him come back but Ben wouldn't want to go back end of story.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices