Skip to content

Discuss This Indy MotoGP: Ben Spies sets first practice pace MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Indy MotoGP: Ben Spies sets first practice pace

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Indy MotoGP: Ben Spies sets first practice pace

Ben Spies made good use of a host of upgrades on his factory Yamaha YZR-M1 machine to top the timesheets at the end of a sun-drenched opening MotoGP practice session at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Using a more powerful in-line four-cylinder motor, new fairing and upgraded electronics package, Spies made the perfect start to his home race with a lap of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (26 August 2011 16:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Tracks Ben likes.

Losail, Jerez, Catalunya, Silverstone, Assen, Mugello, Sachensrring, Laguna, Brno, Indy, Misano, Motegi, Phillip Island and Valencia even though he says that circuit aint his cup of tea.

Dislikes.

Estroil and Le Mans the tracks where he damaged his ankle when he rode for the Tech 3 team.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Elbowz

I too have been underwhelmed by spies this year, I have not yet written him off as a potential alien but my hope is definately waning. Needs to podium this weekend, hopefully he will not be a victim of team orders.

Reply to this Topic
Serjuna

Mar 11

Serjuna says:

Team orders

Ben had the pace to pass lorenzo in brno. Why didn't he?

As someone said, hope he will not "stay put".

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

FP3.

Ben once again on great form 2nd place with a time of 1:39.670 0.132s away from Stoner I'd love it if he won this race and win #2 and jump ahead of the two guys ahead of him.

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

Cosherb

..."Dovi has had five podiums and is on 163 points, while Spies has had two and is on 109 - so who's having the better season so far?"...

Answer - the guy on the Honda. (read my previous post)

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

One thing you can say.

Ben has outqualified Dovi but that does not mean much in one of the races where #11 got his two podiums he beat the guy without a ride for next year.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

sv659nut...

The point ive  tried to make regards Spies is this belief by people like elbowz that his results are something amazing. Dovi ( and im not a superfan of his) has achieved everything Spies has done in his years in Moto GP. Yet is reguarded as a inferior rider to Spies. Well i say thats horseshit.

Spies first season in a full factory team is going to mirror Dovi's first year on a factory bike and nothing more. Podiums race win etc and and points total.

So all the second coming and he's an alien claims from the start of the season are just hot air and if elbowz wasnt blinded by his love of his hero he'd admit it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices