Skip to content

Discuss This Disability forces Toseland’s racing retirement World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Disability forces Toseland’s racing retirement

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Disability forces Toseland’s racing retirement

Double World Superbike Champion, James Toseland is retiring from professional motorcycle racing with immediate effect following a visit to Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Mike Hayton, yesterday. The visit confirmed Toseland’s worst fears that the damage sustained to his right wrist during a testing crash at Aragon earlier this year is irreparable and no amount of physiotherapy can repair the injury. The crash...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (09 September 2011 10:16)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
assen03

Dec 08

assen03 says:

Sad day, happy for yer!

Thanks James it's been a great ride for us over the years! All the best for the future.

Reply to this Topic
Easyfred

Aug 11

Easyfred says:

Top Man

Top rider, top gent, enough said!

Sad to see a good rider end their career in this way but as usual handled with grace by JT

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Wow, just having a quick browse and read this. Well I'm shocked to say the least. He's had a remarkable career and a sucsessful one at that and a shame it ended this way. Hope to see you still involved someway in the sport.

Reply to this Topic
Oafski

Nov 07

Oafski says:

Very sad news indeed and I hope the injury wont stop him being able to continue being a top musician, that would be a double tragedy. All the very best for the future James.

Reply to this Topic
frog338

Aug 02

frog338 says:

sad, so young to have to cut a great career short, you will be missed james. all the best for the future. sad day for racing.:-(

Reply to this Topic
SuperSick

Jul 11

SuperSick says:

Very sorry to hear this news.

I just hope his wrist gets better enough that he can enjoy a normal enough life

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

What

sad news... Gutted for you Mr. T..!! You've been a worthy double champ and made us all proud.

Always hoped you'd overcome this injury and get back onto a quality ride.. sad news indeed.. All the best for the future. I guess as long as the wrist can still assist you tinkling the ivories you'll be OK eh??   ;)

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

Farewell James

Two WSBK titles and other achievements are not to be forgotten, hard fought and just deserved.

I wish you all the best and i am sure we will see you arround on tv or similar.

It takes a lot to stand down, but it's probably the right decision for you.

Best of luck for the future James.

Reply to this Topic
mike27

Aug 02

mike27 says:

Thanks James!

You were a great rider, winning the WSB title twice was and remains a great achievement of which you can be justly proud.

As Andrea Buzzoni says above, on top of that you were a superb ambassador for your sport - in an age of one-dimensional sports people, you were a stand out character.

I cheered you on throughout your career and wish you all the best for your future.

Reply to this Topic
cardiology

May 05

cardiology says:

God luck for the future, James

James,

Saw you at Silverstone WSB, it was obvious you were riding in extreme pain, but you battled on regardless. The reception you received from the crowd after race 2 showed the high regard true motorcycle fans have for you.

You had bile thrown your direction from people on the internet who'd never achieved anything in their lives but you always ignored such things, stayed professional, polite and always stayed positive, even when things weren't going your way. It seems everybody who's ever met you has said what a great bloke you are, which is far more important in the long run than (more) world titles.

A brilliant career and a credit to UK sport. Enjoy your retirement and thanks for the memories.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices