Skip to content

Discuss This Disability forces Toseland’s racing retirement World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Disability forces Toseland’s racing retirement

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Disability forces Toseland’s racing retirement

Double World Superbike Champion, James Toseland is retiring from professional motorcycle racing with immediate effect following a visit to Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Mike Hayton, yesterday. The visit confirmed Toseland’s worst fears that the damage sustained to his right wrist during a testing crash at Aragon earlier this year is irreparable and no amount of physiotherapy can repair the injury. The crash...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 September 2011 10:16)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrils

May 06

Nostrils says:

Thanks for the memories...

Thanks for all the enjoyment you have given during your racing career.  Sad to retire early but you have your health and a long life ahead doing something else.  No doubt you will be continuing with the band.  Since you were with BMW, have you asked them for a test in a Touring Car or similar....why not try your hand at 4 wheels.

Reply to this Topic
norton1

Aug 07

norton1 says:

It ant over till the fat lady sings

A great loss to British racing, I have always enjoyed watching JT I hope we will still get to see him in pit lane and on TV. Best of luck in whatever you do in the future.

Reply to this Topic
bailbath

Mar 09

bailbath says:

come on MCN

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/5-news/8730-disability-forces-toselands-racing-retirement.html Word for word on SBK site I guess JT was not good enough for a proper written piece by a MCN staffer!

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

A Premature Loss of One of the Greats

JT has been until recently at the top of most the Championships that he competed in. He started at a young age and perhaps did reach his peak in 2007 and the early part of 2008. He was Britain's Top Rider for many years and it is a great shame that injury has forced an early retirement at age 30, the same age that his Manager Roger Burnett retired. Whatever James does now will be a success, he is just one of those types of people. A Natural Born Winner.

Reply to this Topic
daveadams1955

Aug 05

Good luck JT

A sad & disappointing outcome for James, but it's a dangerous sport and the human body wasn't designed to be beaten about like this...... it's been a real pleasure watching JT on countless occasions and an even greater privilege to have met him a number of times

Always a true sportsman and an approachable rider, who appreciated the fans support and did his utmost to put on a good show for them...

All the best James in whatever career path you take from here  (I'd play down being an estate agent though) !!!

Good luck

Reply to this Topic
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

Giaocomino

I was devastated for JT when I saw this news Thursday. Racing fans of all deckals should be disappointed we've lost a true gent, massive talent and balls out determined racer from our grids. I met and chatted with James a few times and he really is a down to earth Yorkshireman. Thanks for that James.

The memories of some awesome races and as said before, the faces of Tardozzi etc when he wouldn't just let Laconi have the 2004 WSB crown are cracking!!

Good luck JT in your future. Hope to see / hear you in the comm box or punditry, and thanks for letting me sit on your bike in Market Rasen 2003. I never was worthy!!!

#52 forever!!

Reply to this Topic
goodygixxer

Jan 09

goodygixxer says:

All the Best JT

So sorry to hear this news.  James has been the only rider of recent times that i've followed and cheered on since Carl Fogarty hung up his leathers 10/11 years ago.

I've seen him perform with his band 'Crash' a few times so maybe he could make a carreer out of music as he's clearly talented in that field as well.

What ever you decide to do James, i wish you the best of British.......

Reply to this Topic
airbornetrooper

Jan 10

bout time

Beginning to fear for your life JT too many big offs IMO.  Sorry that the wrist injury is a career stopper I would have liked to have seen you come over to AMA like Hodgson did, or over to BSB to finish off your career.

It's been good to watch you race over the years, 2 WSBK titles and a good season in Moto Gp, proved you were no fluke.  I will miss your racing style the first season in Moto Gp you really ruffled a few feathers, gaining compliments from the GOAT on the way.

All the best JT, your commentary on the WSBK races earlier this year was very good...maybe theres a job for you!  The American commentary from the SPEED channel we have to suffer is sometimes diabolical (Laguna and Indy), maybe you should work a job over here and replace Scott Russell (too old and out of touch).

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Mmmmm

The sad little boys on here, like leecho and gray are loving this eh!!

Still, they have achieved so much more in there sad lives !!!

Reply to this Topic
crustybiker

Apr 04

crustybiker says:

wsb

since reurning from moto gp he has been towards the back just goes to show he should not have gone to moto gp it killed his living

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices